Navigating from Eagle to Palm beach - late port stop

KaiBlue

We are headed to Aruba next summer and have a  1pm -10pm port stop.  Will have our young adult daughter with us, so was thinking of going to Eagle Beach for a few hours, then head over to Palm Beach where the action is.  We have previously been to Palm Beach (it was very crowded that day) and it sounds like Eagle might be more relaxing for the day time.  I've also read that the cruise port doesn't have much open later in the night (thus why we were thinking of heading to Palm).  I'm confused however on the Arubus routes and the best way to navigate this plan.  I've heard that the stop for Eagle Beach is after the bus goes all the way around the route (after the Palm Beach stop). I can't seem to figure out the maps on the official Arubus website. Is it true that to go to Eagle, we would have to ride the bus all the way up to Arashi/Marriott, and then back again?  If so, then to get to Palm Beach from Eagle, perhaps a taxi makes more sense so we don't have to get on the bus, head back to the Oranjestad station and then head back out from there? We would  just get a one-way ticket on the bus then (from Oranjestad to Eagle).    Another question for the experts here is where to get off at Eagle Beach - seems like there is stop near the Amsterdam Manor that more people talk about.  Will we have an issue renting chairs if we don't get there before 2pm? We are prepared to just lay on the sand if need be but was curious whether anyone had any real-life experience. Appreciate any help....

• 1 month later...

It depends on how many ships are in port. If there are 2 or more ships in port and they port earlier than you. You get to Eagle or Palm Beach around 2pm. It's going to be difficult doing anything on either beach especially Eagle. 

They'll be slammed.

Normally when I go to Eagle Beach I go early, I'm out by 4pm and Princess always leaves at 10pm. 

I would just go and hope for the best.

Good luck with that.