Accessible Cabin Le Jacques-Cartier

minz56

I've been asked by Ponant if I would switch from my currently booked cabin on Le Jacques-Cartier (#412) to an accessible cabin on the same deck (#431).

I do not need an accessible cabin and an OBC inducement is being offered to compensate for the switch.

Has anyone been in this cabin or a similar one? Obviously it is larger which is a positive, but I am concerned that being midships it is above the reception area and adjacent to one entrance to the ship (and similarly below), which makes be worry about noise.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Edited by minz56

I haven’t had that cabin, but I have had another accessible cabin. I wouldn’t be concerned about noise. The only time I would expect any is at the beginning of the dinner service. 

The cabin is nice and the additional space is meaningful. The main consideration I would have is the bathroom layout — the shower, toilet and sink are in the same area and instead of a glassed off shower & tub, the accessible shower has a curtain and if you’re not careful, you can get water everywhere. The layout in the bathroom doesn’t feel as luxurious, but it is offset by the cabin space. I don’t know that I would refuse the cabin because of this, but it is a consideration.

Thanks AussieBoyTX. I have now seen photos of the cabin that Ponant sent. I agree that the extra space is meaningful and the bathroom layout doesn't really bother me. In fact I perfer to have everything in one room. Also thanks for the reassurance on noise. Ponant were also trying to reassure me on that front too. I suspect that the money and the extra space will talk and I will take the cabin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minz56 said:

In fact I prefer to have everything in one room.

My one complaint about the Ponant cabins is that tiny toilet cubicle, and the need to use your dirty hands to open doors to get to a sink!