How do you know the price of a drink??

Hobar

On 2/28/2024 at 8:17 PM, Hobar said:

If ordering a drink not on the menu, how does one know the cost?  Does bartender or server tell you, or do you sign for it, or what?  This will be my first cruise that is non-inclusive.  TIA.

I have heard from a You Tube source that HAL charges only the difference between US$11.00 and the cost of higher priced cocktails if you have the drink package. I NEVER buy a drink package, either for alcohol or not. They are not cost effective for us. I do not know if that includes Scotches, Bourbons and the like.

Jim 

One of my pet peeves isn’t the inconsistency of pricing but of the drinks themselves. I realize bartenders are humans and as such cannot be expected to replicate the exact same drink time and time again but sometimes the quality (and quantity) varies so drastically it is impossible to compare one with another. So, for me the price is secondary. A bad drink is worthless. Unfortunately they usually put the worst bartenders in the busiest bars at the peak times, like at happy hour. 

12 minutes ago, Real NHDOC said:

One of my pet peeves isn’t the inconsistency of pricing but of the drinks themselves. I realize bartenders are humans and as such cannot be expected to replicate the exact same drink time and time again but sometimes the quality (and quantity) varies so drastically it is impossible to compare one with another. So, for me the price is secondary. A bad drink is worthless. Unfortunately they usually put the worst bartenders in the busiest bars at the peak times, like at happy hour. 

Fortunately, my strongest drink is unsweetened ice tea. Hard to mess that up.

Jim

• Like 1