Pet waitlist on QM2 June 15 NYC-->UK 2024

A Lew

Hi all - my partner and I are moving to Europe for a job. We have a pug mix that is too large (35lbs) to fly in-cabin with and cannot go in cargo because of his snout nose. My job offer only came a few weeks ago, so we couldn't book early enough on the Queen Mary 2 to reserve a kennel for him. I'm posting to see if anyone else is taking their dog on this cruise (It is the QM2 leaving from New York and going to Southampton on June 15-June 23, 2024) and is considering canceling. I know it's a long shot - but we're first on the waitlist, and it's a last-ditch effort. Otherwise, we pay $4000 to ship him. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, A Lew said:

Hi all - my partner and I are moving to Europe for a job. We have a pug mix that is too large (35lbs) to fly in-cabin with and cannot go in cargo because of his snout nose. My job offer only came a few weeks ago, so we couldn't book early enough on the Queen Mary 2 to reserve a kennel for him. I'm posting to see if anyone else is taking their dog on this cruise (It is the QM2 leaving from New York and going to Southampton on June 15-June 23, 2024) and is considering canceling. I know it's a long shot - but we're first on the waitlist, and it's a last-ditch effort. Otherwise, we pay $4000 to ship him. 

You might have  shot of getting onboard. I was hanging out with a guy on an eastbound crossing who was moving his dog and himself from Seattle to London because his wife had got a job at starbucks UK office. That move came together quite quickly I think

Edited by ace2542

Being a dog parent myself, I fully am with you regarding not putting your Furkid  through the cargo trauma - would never do this ourselves. Have you tried the previous or next sailing as a backup where One of you flies and the other sails with your dog. Hoping this works out for your move and wishing you success in your new job and country

You’re very likely to get a place.  Although the kennel spots go very quickly once the bookings are open, there are always cancellations, both at the 90 day point when balances have to be paid, and again in the run up to the crossing, as people decide not to take their pets, or run into trouble with the paperwork. I’ve been four times and always booked well ahead, but every time I have met pet owners who have got in shortly before.  I’ve been waitlisted twice, high on the list, and both times a spot came up.  For a June crossing you may well hear something quite soon, as it’s now March.