Amex Platinum NCL Offer Until June 1st

17 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

That is great to know.. i will going forward def do that. On the form it asks for TA tel #, what do you put down general platinum tel #? 

My recommendation would be to call Amex Travel first, find a competent TA, get their info (name, email, etc.) and cc them on the email of you sending the transfer form to NCL.

My TA gave me a special number that NCL uses to assign the booking to Amex Travel and my TA. 

On 4/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, FFTB said:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Direct_Guest_Reservation_Transfer_Form.pdf

or google: NCL Direct Guest Reservation Transfer

"Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up to 14 days from creation, if the request is made outside of Final Payment period. For new reservations booked within final payment period, that are paid in full, transfer requests can be processed if the request is received within 7 or less days of final payment application."

(I submitted the transfer say day as the booking, took 8 days to go through)

Thanks for all the information, @FFTB!  As for the Amex cruise benefits, I assume that's for platinum only?  I am gold.  I guess I could apply my 100 travel credit at Amex travel as well. 

On 3/5/2024 at 12:58 PM, mistertomatoe said:

I have it on my Blue Cash (no annual fee card). I've also used the last few NCL and Royal Caribbean offers.

Already bought $1000 in refundable OBC and received an email a few minutes later saying I used the offer. I will get a refund when I'm onboard. I've done it this way a few times. 

How do I buy refundable OBC? Do I have to send it to myself as a gift in the add-ons? Also, I should be getting a $100 non-refundable shareholder credit. Aside from the DSC, will they take from the non-refundable $100 first? Ideally, I'd like to get almost all the refundable credit refunded.

7 hours ago, Greygooser said:

How do I buy refundable OBC? Do I have to send it to myself as a gift in the add-ons? Also, I should be getting a $100 non-refundable shareholder credit. Aside from the DSC, will they take from the non-refundable $100 first? Ideally, I'd like to get almost all the refundable credit refunded.

Best bet... Prepay your DSCs!  And, pre-purchase OBC directly from NCL online (or call).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greygooser said:

You can get the refundable OBC online as a gift to yourself. The max is $500 but you can buy two. I also have the nonrefundable shareholder OBC and usually just burn it on Internet but you can use it on excursions, shopping, etc. It'll automatically take from that first before hitting the refundable OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

You can get the refundable OBC online as a gift to yourself. The max is $500 but you can buy two. I also have the nonrefundable shareholder OBC and usually just burn it on Internet but you can use it on excursions, shopping, etc. It'll automatically take from that first before hitting the refundable OBC.

Thank you, I'll be doing that and prepaying my DSCs TexasGal suggested. And like you said, the $100 is perfect to use on the internet upgrade!