Alaska Cruise recommendation for MSC cruisers please!

Hello, I am looking into 2025 summer Alaska sailing and was disappointed to find out MSC doesn't do Alaska cruise,

and I wonder which cruise line & cruise ship I should choose if I like MSC?! 

I have done MSC, Celebrity, RCCL, NCL and some of small expedition cruises in the past and found MSC best suited to my family in recent years.

For MSC I have done only on YC but even to compare with suite class experience with other liners I still prefer MSC as we felt it more diverse (not only focused on North America/British passengers in terms of food, entertainment, etc).

And also it seems shore excursion was cheaper than other cruise line in general which I am expecting will be important factor in Alaska cruise! 

I've done Alaska cruise about 25 yrs ago with my parents on one of Celebrity ship and had great time, but can't compare the experience because I was a child just following my parents and this time it will be myself, husband & my two children age 9,14 and I am in charge of organising! 

Any comment/recommendation will be hugely appreciated!! 

Posted (edited)

Princess, Celebrity, and Holland America really OWN the Alaska market. We routinely sailed Alaska on Holland America in Neptune Suites. In my opinion, neither Holland American nor Princess, even with their most expensive cabins, provide the type of experience you are used to with MSC Yacht Club. A Celebrity ship with the Retreat may come close, but the price premium above MSC YC is sizable. Even Princess and Holland America at their prices are way above YC, with nothing near the same experience. When and if MSC add Alaska I will be one of the first to book. It will give me the reason to do Alaska again.

So I think you are left with options among the other mainstream cruise lines with a lesser experience than the Yacht Club.

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1

I’d suggest NCL staying in the haven. That gives you one of the closest experiences to YC while also having the activities for the kids. Celebrity, Princess, and HAL don’t offer much for kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovetravel1114 said:

Hello, I am looking into 2025 summer Alaska sailing and was disappointed to find out MSC doesn't do Alaska cruise,

and I wonder which cruise line & cruise ship I should choose if I like MSC?! 

I have done MSC, Celebrity, RCCL, NCL and some of small expedition cruises in the past and found MSC best suited to my family in recent years.

For MSC I have done only on YC but even to compare with suite class experience with other liners I still prefer MSC as we felt it more diverse (not only focused on North America/British passengers in terms of food, entertainment, etc).

And also it seems shore excursion was cheaper than other cruise line in general which I am expecting will be important factor in Alaska cruise! 

I've done Alaska cruise about 25 yrs ago with my parents on one of Celebrity ship and had great time, but can't compare the experience because I was a child just following my parents and this time it will be myself, husband & my two children age 9,14 and I am in charge of organising! 

Any comment/recommendation will be hugely appreciated!! 

NCL has plenty of options, if you like YC you'd probably like Haven as well. Not exactly the same, but similar. Make sure to search both Seattle and Vancouver

• Like 1