Which game shows

mjeffv

On Silhouette in April and have been reviewing the app for activities.  Seems like there is quite the variety of game shows.  Probably wouldn't want to see all of them.  Below is a list of game shows -- are any better than the others or in the don't miss category?  Any I missed that we should check out if on board?

Say It

Charades
Perfect Pair
The Naughty List
Whisper Challenge
60 Seconds or Less
Majority Rules
The Challenge
True or False
The List
Yes or No
Celebrity Heads

A great game show that they don’t have would be What’s My Line .

Would be interesting to see what some of our fellow passengers do/did in the “ real “ world.

We LOVE all of the game shows!  To us, the game shows are one of the reasons we love Celebrity - sure we could sail Regent, but there's nothing "fun" about the luxury lines.  And conversely, we also will not sail larger lines - Celebrity has the perfect balance for us - fun activities, amazing entertainment - especially the theater production shows on the Edge Class ships, excellent crew, excellent food, "fancy" but not stuffy and on and on.  We are now a bit over 40 cruises with Celebrity, with 8 coming up.  Getting involved in the activities on board we feel is what contributes to having a great time - we have met so many people on all of our cruises which have contributed to our enjoyment, many of whom we have maintained friendships.  More than a few times, we've boarded a ship on the first day and an Activities Team member will recognize us and come running up to us, so happy to see us again - that's a lovely experience.  Back to the particular games - we love the YES/NO game - you are questioned by one of the Activities Team members and have to never use the word 'yes' or 'no' the entire 3 minutes.  We have been on a few cruises where the time was reduced to 1 minute in order to give the passengers a chance, lol, as it's truly hard!  My husband has done so well, that he often turns the tables and becomes the one asking the questions of the team member, and gets them to say the forbidden word!  Get involved!  Usually every night, there is a game show at 8pm, between the two theater shows - timed so that you can do the game show and see the theater show.  Every night, 8pm, is a different game.  The Activities Team members work so hard on these activities, and they do a fantastic job.  Get involved, don't be a wallflower - your cruise experience will be vastly enhanced. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

The game shows go into our "always miss" bucket.

This is how my husband feels about the games and shows, they could have the original Broadway cast on board and he would still say 'Yawn, I will see you at the bar!'. I think the beautiful thing about a cruise, at least a decent one, is there should be good variety of something for everyone. Like @lexmiller perfectly stated, if games are your jam, show up and see what they are about. I know I am excited to go on my first X cruise next month (sans hubby 😉) to compare them to the NCL games I have to drag him to. 

Is there something similar to Quest on Celebrity? 

On 3/7/2024 at 12:37 AM, mjeffv said:

On Silhouette in April and have been reviewing the app for activities.  Seems like there is quite the variety of game shows.  Probably wouldn't want to see all of them.  Below is a list of game shows -- are any better than the others or in the don't miss category?  Any I missed that we should check out if on board?

Say It

Charades
Perfect Pair
The Naughty List
Whisper Challenge
60 Seconds or Less
Majority Rules
The Challenge
True or False
The List
Yes or No
Celebrity Heads

Isn’t there “Deal or no Deal” as well? I thought I read that somewhere. 

21 minutes ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Isn’t there “Deal or no Deal” as well? I thought I read that somewhere. 

I didn't include this because there is a fee/potential winnings in Deal/No Deal where the others or more for entertainment.  

• Thanks 1