Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I tried asking for an appetizer portion of pasta, they just bring the same portion on a smaller plate 😆

As most of the appetizers don't really appeal to me, I would love a half portion of pasta but they don't do that.

If you set a full portion in front of me, I'm gonna eat it 😋 

I KNOW.  I beg my husband to help me out and split things with me but he is busy eating his broiled fish, salad and veggies.  (He actually likes that stuff.)  All I can say is that he is blessed with some kind of weird condition that I wish I could catch, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Running a few minutes late so sent my mom ahead to grab a pager. I'm here now only a couple minutes late and a full bar. I need to toe the line between having too much at dinner, and enough for Neil Diamond 😆

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

It's a sign!  Bacon is good.  Bacio who knows what that is. . . Anyway, this is surely water weight from all the salt in cruise food . . . and don't forget that the cruise laundry is known to shrink clothes . . . actually I think it is really the buffet 😞 

I have not seen bacon anywhere but breakfast. Terrible.

It's definitely the buffet 🤣 

24 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I KNOW.  I beg my husband to help me out and split things with me but he is busy eating his broiled fish, salad and veggies.  (He actually likes that stuff.)  All I can say is that he is blessed with some kind of weird condition that I wish I could catch, lol.

I like fish and veggies too but need some fried carbs too 😋 😀

Posted (edited)

I told my doctor that what I really like to do is read books, drink things with umbrellas in them and eat fried carbs.  She said, "me too" with a smile.  She is a frequent cruiser too.  BTW, what is with all the whole wheat pasta on Celebrity? 

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I told my doctor that what I really like to do is read books, drink things with umbrellas in them and eat fried carbs.  She said, "me too" with a smile.  She is a frequent cruiser too.  BTW, what is with all the whole wheat pasta on Celebrity? 

Idk 🤷‍♂️ I don't particularly care for whole wheat pasta myself but my mom likes it.

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Idk 🤷‍♂️ I don't particularly care for whole wheat pasta myself but my mom likes it.

Wondering  if you have tried asking if they can substitute regular pasta?  Realize this is highly personal but it is one of those things that would be a negative for me when considering the line.  I love pasta but only eat it on special occasions or vacations when it's a real treat so I don't want it messed with.

• Like 2

I was going to do the Waldorf salad but the table next to me seemed to enjoy the duck so I got it. It was indeed quite tasty. Nice and moist with a good flavor and just a sliver of fat to work around.

Pork snitzel and meatloaf 742.

1710898988310659909444930564933.thumb.jpg.035f6be15561f9b7d66f4c6c063dac59.jpg

17108990174314442384740201297503.thumb.jpg.83311b5a002019b7ac03661e0236ffa3.jpg

• Like 2

Rodan came over and said hi. Even cleared the table.

The pork was good, but I didn't think it was as nice as some I've had before.  It also had a veiney piece that turned me off a little. The sides were very good.

The meatloaf was the most amazingly tender piece of beef I think I've ever eaten. Very good. That all said it was just too fancy. I loved how simple the beef dish was last night and thought I was going to get a nice southern boy meatloaf. Still good, but lacking any soul.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Wondering  if you have tried asking if they can substitute regular pasta?  Realize this is highly personal but it is one of those things that would be a negative for me when considering the line.  I love pasta but only eat it on special occasions or vacations when it's a real treat so I don't want it messed with.

They probably could, they have been pretty accommodating so far. 

• Thanks 1

That duck looks amazing! Much better than the soup and salad I made tonight. 😞

What were the desserts?

Enjoy the Neil Diamond show... I am his number one fan so I am jealous that you have that show on your ship!  

• Like 2

None of the desserts really wowed me. The éclair was my least favorite. It was fine, but tasted like an ordinary run of the mill dessert. Next was the beggar's purse. There was a huge display of nearly rotten bannanas on the buffet the other day and we both wondered where it was going to end up, we were expecting banana bread. It was this dish. It had potential but had way too much banana in it, over ripened banana. Finally the best was the apple blueberry turnover which I still would not rave about it. I think if I had paired it with some ice cream it would have been perfect.

Stopped off at al bacio (or bacon) for a red velvet cupcake for later....there were none left.

Boo Hiss.

I drowned my sorrows in a cookie and two tarts which I ate on the spot.

I feel better now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Salt Lifer said:

That duck looks amazing! Much better than the soup and salad I made tonight. 😞

What were the desserts?

Enjoy the Neil Diamond show... I am his number one fan so I am jealous that you have that show on your ship!  

Éclair, blueberry apple turnover, and beggar's purse.

I won't admit it, but I actually kinda like Sweet Caroline. Especially after a few drinks. I can't say I know any of his other songs, but maybe I will recognize them when they are performed. My mom is excited for the show, so that's enough to motivate me to attend. Especially since she didn't drag me to Barbie today 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Éclair, blueberry apple turnover, and beggar's purse.

I won't admit it, but I actually kinda like Sweet Caroline. Especially after a few drinks. I can't say I know any of his other songs, but maybe I will recognize them when they are performed. My mom is excited for the show, so that's enough to motivate me to attend. Especially since she didn't drag me to Barbie today 🙂

I bet you know more of his songs than you realize... America, Love on the Rocks, September Morn, Forever in Blue Jeans, I'm a Believer (which he originally wrote and sold to The Monkey's), Red Red Wine (which was made famous when covered without permission by UB40), and so many other classics. Have fun!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Salt Lifer said:

I bet you know more of his songs than you realize... America, Love on the Rocks, September Morn, Forever in Blue Jeans, I'm a Believer (which he originally wrote and sold to The Monkey's), Red Red Wine (which was made famous when covered without permission by UB40), and so many other classics. Have fun!

Honestly I only vaguely recognized any of them. Before my time I suppose.