Navigator Balcony Partition question

Hello,

I am taking my 2 adult daughters and 2 grandkids on a 4 night Catalina / Ensenada cruise this summer.  There were no connecting 2 person / 3 person cabins available - so we are next door to each other.  I am wondering if anyone has had experience getting the balcony partition opened between cabins - this would be an easy way to get back and forth between cabins - checking on the kids when they go to bed early.  We are midship on deck 8.

thanks for any info!

Jerie

Posted (edited)

You need to ask your stateroom attendant to unlock and open them.  However, it is the Captain's discretion if they are not to be opened for any reason.  That has not occurred in our experience, though.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Here is a balcony door on Navigator.

image.thumb.png.d94983cc79bf466752c6c878ef60b635.png

We had it opened since our kids were in the next room, but we found it to be a pain and wouldn't do it again.  Our kids were college aged, so YMMV.

The door is big and it swings freely, so if you get rough seas or wind it will end up banging.  It covers most of the sliding door to the cabin on the side it opens, so it makes that balcony pretty unusable.  It is not so easy to navigate around it when you already have 2 chairs and a table on the balcony.  These door were not designed for making it easy to get between rooms, it is more for maintenance on the ship like cleaning, etc.  Newer ships have sliding doors which were made for opening up between staterooms.