Recommendation for Quebec and/or Corner Brook

Posted (edited)

I am looking at Canada & New England cruises and I see that many of them go to Quebec OR Corner Brook. (There are also that go to both, and go to neither)

Question - for a late September/early October cruise, for people who can walk short-distances, but not including strenuous or complicated terrains, which destination is going to offer a better overall experience, including excursions and "on your own" sight-seeing? Specifically I am looking to get an understanding that if we can only visit one destination (Quebec or Corner Brook), which will be a better overall pick? 

Edited by BestCruiseFox
update wording

Posted (edited)

I have been to both and both are excellent! Quebec City has a very European feel. I think it would be better for a bigger variety of things to see and do. There is a funicular that you can use to go from the lower part

of the town to the upper.
Corner book is a very small town with gros morne park about an hour away and there is also nice trail walk through town. There are excursions into gros morne. 

Edited by everbeentoseabilly

4 hours ago, BestCruiseFox said:

Question - for a late September/early October cruise, for people who can walk short-distances, but not including strenuous or complicated terrains, which destination is going to offer a better overall experience, including excursions and "on your own" sight-seeing? Specifically I am looking to get an understanding that if we can only visit one destination (Quebec or Corner Brook), which will be a better overall pick? 

There's no real way to compare them-- Quebec City is the capital of the provence, has incredible architecture, and an extensive amount of historical places to visit. It feels like you could be in France. 

Corner Brook is fine but its small and sleepy with significantly less to do and see. If you've not been to Quebec you really should go to Quebec. 

12 hours ago, BestCruiseFox said:

I am looking at Canada & New England cruises and I see that many of them go to Quebec OR Corner Brook. (There are also that go to both, and go to neither)

I have a similar problem with walking. But we did Quebec overnight on out early October cruise last year. Just got the cruise shuttle that drops you in the old town. Had a wander round there before getting the funicular up to Chateau Frontanac and the Fort. Up there the walking is easier than in the old town. If your ship is docked in the city itself you can see the old town across the street. Our ship was dock in the industrial port at Queen Mary had prime position. 

Enjoy whatever you decide to do. 

Linda and Gary