6 month passport requirement??

newdinndo

9 hours ago, newdinndo said:

Thank you all for the wealth of information. We really appreciate it.

We will also bring the original BC and DL so we are covered on all ends. 

And yes, he will be renewing as soon as we arrive home.

Thank you all, again!

Also, if your passport is anywhere close to expiring, you may want to renew.  It is convenient for both spouses to have similar expiration dates - only one set of dates to remember.

Just do not get sick in Antigua or hopefully any other port as boarding a plane to get home would likely involve getting a passport via the embassy.

I suggest looking up the requirements for each country so that if a disaster strikes and you need to leave the ship at a foreign port you are prepared with the country requirements and contact info for the US Embassy.

It was a mess when I became ill in Australia and could not travel home before my visa expired.

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Just do not get sick in Antigua or hopefully any other port as boarding a plane to get home would likely involve getting a passport via the embassy.

I suggest looking up the requirements for each country so that if a disaster strikes and you need to leave the ship at a foreign port you are prepared with the country requirements and contact info for the US Embassy.

It was a mess when I became ill in Australia and could not travel home before my visa expired.

They have a valid passport so they would have no problem getting back from Antigua. 

• Thanks 2

We sailed on the Ascent in January this year. Our passports expire in April. We took all the documents I could take, just in case. They looked at our passports when checking us in. All they said was" Your passports expire in less than 6 month". No additional documents were requested..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotoal said:

Also, if your passport is anywhere close to expiring, you may want to renew.  It is convenient for both spouses to have similar expiration dates - only one set of dates to remember.

We did that, until, midway through the validity (in 2010), mine got stolen.  Now we're exactly offset - his expires in 2025, mine in 2030.