Plan for Naples

We've been to Naples before and went to Pompei, so looking for something different this time. We're not interested in a guided tour, just on our own. The ship is in Naples from 7 am to 6 pm. Here's my plan... Let me know if this sounds doable. Get off the ship ASAP, walk to ferry dock and purchase a round trip ticket to Capri. Walk around Capri. I need ideas what to do there. Ferry back to Naples and walk to Pizzeria Donna Sofia for authentic Pizza. Then is there any other can't miss things in Naples city? Tunnels? Then back on the ship.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sounds fine to me.  The first fast ferry from Molo Beverello (adjacent to the cruise port) departs at 8:05, so you should have plenty of time to get your tickets.  You can buy your return tickets at the same time, or wait until you're on Capri to do that.  Since you're planning to return at midday, rather than at the last minute, you shouldn't have any trouble getting the return tickets.  The crossings that arrive just before the cruise ships depart do sell out, those you cannot wait to purchase.

You can read about things to see and do on Capri here:  Capri: All You Need To Know | Boat Tours, Ferry Tickets, Hotels   They offer good information on this site, but don't buy any tickets through them, the fees they add are practically usuary.

• Thanks 1