Crown Princess Dining Question

66sport

My wife and myself are booked on a May 15 Alaska cruise on Crown Princess. It has been quite some time since we have sailed Princess (maiden voyage on Sky Princess) and we see that the dining options have changed. We noticed that there are three MDR's on Crown. Two on the 6th floor (DiVinci and Botticelli) and one on 5 (Michelangelo). Do they all serve the same food or are there differences between them? Is it just a matter of decor? Additionally, we would like a table for two but when I try to reserve a time the only option available is shared, private is grayed out. We like two because we do not have to wait for the table to fill before being served. Our main cruise line was Celebrity (elite +) but our last three cruises with them have left much to be desired so we are trying Princess. Any hints / tips for someone new to Princess.

Just to make sure, as soon as you board the ship, check out the 3 dining rooms, and ask the restaurant manager to assign you to the table of your choice.  Often one of the three dining rooms is for set-time dining, while the other two are for anytime dining.  This can vary by ship and even by cruise.  Breakfast is also only served in one dining room -- and again, that can vary by ship and by cruise.  You might also look at the daily cruise newsletter "Princess Patters" to see the "open" times for your dining venue.

Posted (edited)

The MDR’s all have same menu.

Book the time you want, even if it is shared and speak with the DR host the first night.  They will check to see which MDR would be possible to get a private table.  
We liked the DaVinci DR because of being midship and they had private tables too.

The dining is called DMW “dine my way”, basically, you can make a reservation, or do a walk up.

I’ve found it’s best to book something and then change it once OB. 

Recheck periodically to see if they opened it.  Easiest time to reserve is early or late. 

They no longer call it anytime dining.  All MDR’s operate using the DMW, as described above.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

The MDR’s all have same menu.

Book the time you want and speak with the DR host the first night.  They will check to see which MDR would be possible to get a private table.  
We liked the DaVinci DR because of being midship and they had private tables too.

The dining is called DMW “dine my way”, basically, you can make a reservation, or do a walk up.

I’ve found it’s best to book something and then change it once OB. 

Recheck periodically to see if they opened it.  Easiest time to reserve is early or late. 

They no longer call it anytime dining.  All MDR’s operate using the DMW, as described above.

The DaVinci also has space set aside for Reserve dining so it may be harder to get tables there

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, memoak said:

The DaVinci also has space set aside for Reserve dining so it may be harder to get tables there

Yes, they do, but there was always space with walk ups. But, that was a longer cruise.

They were so nice there, I’m sure they will help with finding a private table. 

Fast fingers! @memoak

Edited by PacnGoNow

A big thank you to everyone for your responses. We booked the Botticelli Dining at the same time for the entire cruise and will check with the DR manager once on board.

• Like 1