New Pay-in-full Offer: 7% if > 365 days to cruise

Update:  I have taken advantage of the 7% OBC offer.  The OBC is in Can $ and should I purchase anything prior to the cruise using it, the cost of the product (shore excursion for eg.) will have a Can $ price and the OBC deducted. Whatever is remaining upon boarding will be adjusted to US $.

This took about an hour on the phone with my TA.  It started out smoothly until she was told the amount.  Initially it was quoted in US $, without the exchange deduction (adding about $250 to value).  A supervisor was involved and my TA confirmed the US value with AZ  (we were disbelieving and I was little excited 😆).  When the transaction was being processed to my credit card another supervisor caught it.  So no bonus for me. 🤷‍♀️ 
I’m quite happy with our decision.  We can still cancel up to 121 days ahead for full refund, less $150 Can admin. fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:09 PM, Whitby100 said:

Update:  I have taken advantage of the 7% OBC offer.  The OBC is in Can $ and should I purchase anything prior to the cruise using it, the cost of the product (shore excursion for eg.) will have a Can $ price and the OBC deducted. Whatever is remaining upon boarding will be adjusted to US $.

This took about an hour on the phone with my TA.  It started out smoothly until she was told the amount.  Initially it was quoted in US $, without the exchange deduction (adding about $250 to value).  A supervisor was involved and my TA confirmed the US value with AZ  (we were disbelieving and I was little excited 😆).  When the transaction was being processed to my credit card another supervisor caught it.  So no bonus for me. 🤷‍♀️ 
I’m quite happy with our decision.  We can still cancel up to 121 days ahead for full refund, less $150 Can admin. fee.

That sounds like a good deal. We were only offered 3% OBC in the UK so decided to keep the money in my savings account!

• Like 2

BTW the deal is even better than it looks.  You have already paid a deposit (in my case approximately 21% of the total fare), so you only have to prepay the remaining amount (79%) – but you get 7% of the total fare less NCF.  I divided the new OBC I will be getting by the prepayment amount and it works out to 8.6% (for 13.5 months).  With the Fed planning to cut interest rates three times over that period, that's a good deal to lock in!

Updated to add:  my TA processed the prepayment this afternoon, and I already have an updated Azamara Booking Confirmation showing the new OBC along with all the prior amenities from early booking and Amex Platinum.  This all happened within a few hours, so it seems that Azamara's processes are working well.

• Like 4