Wheelchair assist boarding in San Pedro pier 93

For the first time, I will need to request wheelchair assist for boarding the Discovery Princess at pier 93 in San Pedro.  Does anyone know where I need to go once there?  Is there someone around the luggage drop off area I can ask or do I have to wait until I am inside the terminal?  That pier has a pretty long zigzag queue even before entering the terminal so I am hoping not to have to stand that long.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

The last time we cruised from there (about a year ago), you had to enter the terminal and there was a person taking names for wheelchair assist.  There were chairs to sit on while waiting.  A person working for the port will take you from there upstairs, thru check in and then thru security.  They will drop you off in another seating area to await a Princess employee to wheel you onto the ship.  We use this for my hubby as he has trouble standing and would never be able to walk the gangway to board.  They will drop you wherever you want once on board.  A tip is always appreciated.  Happy cruising!  I wouldn't wait in the line, just walk up and tell whoever is at the door that you need a wheelchair.

Edited by marden1970
adding

On 3/18/2024 at 4:41 PM, marden1970 said:

The last time we cruised from there (about a year ago), you had to enter the terminal and there was a person taking names for wheelchair assist.  There were chairs to sit on while waiting.  A person working for the port will take you from there upstairs, thru check in and then thru security.  They will drop you off in another seating area to await a Princess employee to wheel you onto the ship.  We use this for my hubby as he has trouble standing and would never be able to walk the gangway to board.  They will drop you wherever you want once on board.  A tip is always appreciated.  Happy cruising!  I wouldn't wait in the line, just walk up and tell whoever is at the door that you need a wheelchair.

Thank you so much!