wheelchair

vegnorf

Howdy. We're considering a cruise on the Coral Princess. Because of knee issues, I will need to bring my collapsible wheelchair. I won't need it all the time, just for ports, long stretches on the ship. Will we be permitted to keep this collapsed in the interior cabin, or must we reserve an assessible cabin?

thanks;)

58 minutes ago, vegnorf said:

Howdy. We're considering a cruise on the Coral Princess. Because of knee issues, I will need to bring my collapsible wheelchair. I won't need it all the time, just for ports, long stretches on the ship. Will we be permitted to keep this collapsed in the interior cabin, or must we reserve an assessible cabin?

thanks;)

You may keep the wheelchair in your cabin. It may be crowded, but you should be able to handle a collapsible one. You may not store it outside your cabin. You may not be able to use it through the door of the cabin. You - or someone with you - may need to carry it into the hall before you sit on it. As long as you are mobile inside the cabin, you should not need an accessible cabin.

If you have any tender ports, you may take a light collapsible wheelchair on the tender - as long as it is light enough for one person to lift and you can go up and down a few steps without the chair.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I see no reason why this would not be allowed. As long as the hall is not blocked in an emergency. May also request assistance embarking, disembarking. You may not be aware, there is also a disabled cruising section here on CC, if you have additional questions regarding this. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

Should be plenty of room to store it, folded, in the closet. You may want to let your steward know that, in the event of a major emergency, you will need assistance to evacuate the cabin and board a tender. I know they offered this for our son when he has sailed with us but can't remember if we set it up in the personalizer or not. I "think" it was once we were on the ship and they asked us but can't be sure as it's been a fair number of years - since 2012.