Another Princess Plus Package

Hi all,

Sorry to ask this question again, as I know it has been done over and over
We have the old Princess Plus package purchased December 2022. On my cruise summary it says PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE -50.

Someone on social media says this only entitles me for drinks up to $12. $12 doesn’t even buy the worst wine that was available on our recent Majestic Princess cruise. Can anyone clarify if this price is correct? If so, I will talk to the Cruise Planner soon. As this cruise is 21 nights, if it is $12 In might need to upgrade prior to boarding.

i do understand my package only includes drinks and wifi and not all the extras.

Any assistance appreciated 

27 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Sorry to ask this question again, as I know it has been done over and over
We have the old Princess Plus package purchased December 2022. On my cruise summary it says PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE -50.

Someone on social media says this only entitles me for drinks up to $12. $12 doesn’t even buy the worst wine that was available on our recent Majestic Princess cruise. Can anyone clarify if this price is correct? If so, I will talk to the Cruise Planner soon. As this cruise is 21 nights, if it is $12 In might need to upgrade prior to boarding.

i do understand my package only includes drinks and wifi and not all the extras.

Any assistance appreciated 

The person on social media doesn't know what they are talking about! 😡

So DON'T PANIC! 😊

The drinks limit increased to AU$22  / US$15 (depending on where you are cruising) for all versions of the Plus fare. I've done cruises booked with earlier versions of the Plus fare and had access to the whole Plus drinks list, including the crappy wines. But, yes, you only get a drinks package and internet package not all the other rubbish.

Incidentally it's "strange" how the drinks prices also increased, to the point of ridiculousness in the case of some of those wines, when they announced that change. 🙄

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The person on social media doesn't know what they are talking about! 😡

So DON'T PANIC! 😊

The drinks limit increased to AU$22  / US$15 (depending on where you are cruising) for all versions of the Plus fare. I've done cruises booked with earlier versions of the Plus fare and had access to the whole Plus drinks list, including the crappy wines. But, yes, you only get a drinks package and internet package not all the other rubbish.

Incidentally it's "strange" how the drinks prices also increased, to the point of ridiculousness in the case of some of those wines, when they announced that change. 🙄

I knew you would know OzkiwiJJ. Thank you. I was absolutely shocked on Majestic with the quality and prices of the rubbish wines. We did in the end find a 
Pinot Grigio that  we like by the bottle but we didn’t have a package. The person on Fb said they got the information from Princess. I do intend to find something in the package price that is drinkable. This is our first time ever with a package and really only got it because I need internet and we now get no free minutes.

Thanks again. I can tell this cruise will be a nightmare for Guest Services with all the different Plus packages.Once again, thank you!

Posted (edited)

Hi Cheryle,

You can buy as many nasty by-the-glass "plus" wines as you like, well 15 per day.

Yes, you miss on the included Alfredos, free app delivery, fat desserts, but plus drinks are plus drinks - your cap increased when the package price increased.

Edited by arxcards

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I knew you would know OzkiwiJJ. Thank you. I was absolutely shocked on Majestic with the quality and prices of the rubbish wines. We did in the end find a 
Pinot Grigio that  we like by the bottle but we didn’t have a package. The person on Fb said they got the information from Princess. I do intend to find something in the package price that is drinkable. This is our first time ever with a package and really only got it because I need internet and we now get no free minutes.

Thanks again. I can tell this cruise will be a nightmare for Guest Services with all the different Plus packages.Once again, thank you!

The rosè, the merlot and the pinot noir were OK. Remember you get 25% discount on wines by the bottle with the Plus package and there are some reasonable wines that aren't too expensive. That's what we're doing for the world cruise. Princess would like me to upgrade my package, originally bought at $40pp per day, but the $25pp per day we'll save will cover wines by the bottle. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Hi Cheryle,

You can buy as many nasty by-the-glass "plus" wines as you like, well 15 per day.

Yes, you miss on the included Alfredos, free app delivery, fat desserts, but plus drinks are plus drinks - your cap increased when the package price increased.

Thanks Geoff,

When I was informed it was $12 per day, I couldn’t believe I would have to pay an extra $2 per drink for some horrible cask wine. We definitely won’t drink 15….maybe 4 or 5.,I think I can get coffees and water too? Am I correct? I also think DH can get a bourbon and coke as well? Not sure what we will do with our mini bar set up, probably take onto our next leg of our holiday.I will pay for 1 with the delivery app.Thankfully you informed me some months ago that we have received some extra OBC to cover. Alfredo’s we will pay if we need a change.

5 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks Geoff,

When I was informed it was $12 per day, I couldn’t believe I would have to pay an extra $2 per drink for some horrible cask wine. We definitely won’t drink 15….maybe 4 or 5.,I think I can get coffees and water too? Am I correct? I also think DH can get a bourbon and coke as well? Not sure what we will do with our mini bar set up, probably take onto our next leg of our holiday.I will pay for 1 with the delivery app.Thankfully you informed me some months ago that we have received some extra OBC to cover. Alfredo’s we will pay if we need a change.

Actually the $12 limit was the old USD limit. The original Australian limit was $16. 

Yes, we got $25pp OBC to cover that app delivery charge. We'll try to just use one device for that - we don't order much on the app (unless we're stuck in our cabin with Covid) anyway as we prefer to order drinks from waiters at the various bars, and tend not to order food that way either. 

Alfredos on Majestic did actually have nice pizza. On Coral it's not worth paying for plus you can get slices up by the pool for free.

If Princess hadn't increaded the drinks limit for the packages when they increased the package cost and the drinks prices they would have had a heck of a lot of cancellations and may even have ended up facing a class action on that issue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks Geoff,

Yes, coffee, water, soft drinks too. They also don't count in the 15 drink cap,

Yes, your husband can get a bourbon & coke, as they are well within the price cap. If you check the app, you will have the option of around 6 or 7 different bourbons. I quite like the Woodford Reserve.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks Geoff,

The bourbon options on the app last month on Coral:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2991273-price-list-for-wine-and-cocktails-on-princess-aust-cruises/?do=findComment&comment=66992490

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If Princess hadn't increaded the drinks limit for the packages when they increased the package cost and the drinks prices they would have had a heck of a lot of cancellations and may even have ended up facing a class action on that issue.

They wanted passenger to pay extra and upgrade to the current spec. The easy protest would have been to cancel the package altogether and cruise on a standard fare and drink your mini-bar and cabin wine allowance.

On one cruise, we were very close to downgrading from an old premier to a current Plus, saving us $20pp per day, and keeping Alfredos and free delivery and potential extras. Alas, the cost of the specialty restaurants had increased, and we had those already included in premier. Chose to stay put, but it was really tempting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They wanted passenger to pay extra and upgrade to the current spec. The easy protest would have been to cancel the package altogether and cruise on a standard fare and drink your mini-bar and cabin wine allowance.

On one cruise, we were very close to downgrading from an old premier to a current Plus, saving us $20pp per day, and keeping Alfredos and free delivery and potential extras. Alas, the cost of the specialty restaurants had increased, and we had those already included in premier. Chose to stay put, but it was really tempting.

I did a reality check based on what we actually drink - one cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, a digestiv or liqueur after dinner,  plus coffees and bottled water - and internet and it works out marginally cheaper to get the Plus package and then buy wines by the bottle at the 25% package discount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually the $12 limit was the old USD limit. The original Australian limit was $16. 

Yes, we got $25pp OBC to cover that app delivery charge. We'll try to just use one device for that - we don't order much on the app (unless we're stuck in our cabin with Covid) anyway as we prefer to order drinks from waiters at the various bars, and tend not to order food that way either. 

Alfredos on Majestic did actually have nice pizza. On Coral it's not worth paying for plus you can get slices up by the pool for free.

Yes we will only get one device. After gettingCovid again on Majestic, hopefully we will avoid on Royal. 🤞 

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I did a reality check based on what we actually drink - one cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, a digestiv or liqueur after dinner,  plus coffees and bottled water - and internet and it works out marginally cheaper to get the Plus package and then buy wines by the bottle at the 25% package discount.

We get 5 drinks with Royal Caribbean and it is more than enough and usually add water too. Really don’t want more with the Plus package. Just need the internet.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Thanks Geoff. As long as I can get a wine and bubbles, he can have the cheapest bourbon occasionally 🤣

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My apologies - it appears the information I posted above is out of date. See my new post re Plus/Premium drinks value limits.

Sorry OzKiwiJJ I can’t see you new post?