Waikiki car rental hours?

DCwom

We're in the planning stage for a May POA cruise with pre & post cruise stay for a few days. There seems to be a lot of car rental places in Waikiki, but their hours are 8:00-12:00, 9:00-4:00, etc. I'm thinking this mainly is for pick up with after hours drop-off, but I've never rented a car anywhere besides an airport, so I'm unfamiliar with how this works from a hotel.

13 hours ago, DCwom said:

We're in the planning stage for a May POA cruise with pre & post cruise stay for a few days. There seems to be a lot of car rental places in Waikiki, but their hours are 8:00-12:00, 9:00-4:00, etc. I'm thinking this mainly is for pick up with after hours drop-off, but I've never rented a car anywhere besides an airport, so I'm unfamiliar with how this works from a hotel.

Without knowing what rental desk you're specifically considering its hard to say but I've rented many times from the Avis that's in a mall essentially across from the Moana Surfrider Hotel. It works pretty similarly to the airport location except there's a lot less selection of cars since it is franchised. The cars are just in the parking garage. Otherwise everythings the same.

In Hawaii I've only rented from the airport, but in other areas I've used a Hertz or Avis desk in the hotel and if the counter is closed, you park in their area and drop the keys in a slot in the desk.