Child spending limits?

When I checked in online and set up the on board spending account, there was an option to set a spending limit for children. I couldn’t figure out if that was a daily limit or a trip limit. I set it at $100 hoping it was a total trip, but if that’s a daily limit, I’ll definitely need to make adjustments. Can someone please clarify? Also, can we adjust the child spending limit at the kiosks? Or does that have to be done face to face at guest service? 

Posted (edited)

When DS was younger I would set the limit at the kiosk and it was for the week.  I would tell him he had so much per day to use (arcade and cherry on top) and just kept track (although he was pretty good about tracking his spending each day (which turned into a good math moment for him). 

Some cruises I would just add as I needed to every couple days and some cruises I would put enough in the limit for the number of days of cruise (easiest), say maybe $20 a day.  He had no idea the total amount for the week and truly thought the "per day limit" was built in.  It made him keep track of how much he was spending and he would stop once he got within a dollar of the set limit per day.  

We were firm on the per week amount and we also had set times each day for arcade play.  That way he always knew exactly when we would be going down to the arcade and never bugged us to go other times.  It worked well for a number of years when he was younger.  

In addition, you are able to track and handle your account on your phone and in cabin TV if you need to so that makes it much easier to keep track of everything. 

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

I too set my son's at $100.00.  Sometimes he spends it all the first day and sometimes he makes it last for the trip, I'm fine either way but I never add more.  But the limit you add is for the trip not the day.

when checking in the limit you can set is for the total cruise.  You can then add to the limit onboard at one of the kiosks.  So if you want to do daily limits you would have to add to the limit each day.