Australian booking non Australia itinerary

teamflames

Hi we have never sailed Princess. I know gratuities are included on Australian sailings but what about non Australian sailings. It is clear that if booked in the USA with plus or premium upgrade gratuities are included but it isn’t clear if this also applies if booked thru Princess Australia?

As an Aussie when we travel overseas with Princess we pay gratuities - that isn’t part of the Plus/Premium inclusions for us as we pay less for the package … of course $A/$US FX rate not factored 😩.

If you book shore tours via Princess the price you see online is US$ … I got caught out once.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As an Australian if you sail anywhere in the world other than Australia you will be charged daily gratuities/crew appreciation in USD to your on board account unless you prepay them before your cruise in AUD. Plus and Premium packages do not include gratuities/crew appreciation for Australians as we pay less for the packages. For example AUD65 (converts to approx. USD43) per day for Plus compared to USD60 per day for those in the USA. 

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses. While I understand the package is less in our case the cruise fare is more so the overall cost of the cruise when package is added is the same as that in the US but expected to pay gratuity on top. I guess we either sail and not pay them on principle we are paying more or choose another line.