Freedom 81 country roaming plan

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

And you need to sign up for min 3 months. Expensive if youā€™re traveling for just a few weeks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

It is only $10 a month more than the plan I have now Ā Virgin Canada wide planĀ 

You Ā could switch to a cheaper plan after 3 months , $29 a month for LTE with 60 gigs the rest of the timeĀ 

Posted (edited)

So you would cancel your virgin plan and sign up with this one to get the international roaming? šŸ¤”
Never mind, just checked the countries and two of the ones weā€™re visiting arenā€™t includedā€¦back to more planning lol

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

So you would cancel your virgin plan and sign up with this one to get the international roaming? šŸ¤”
Never mind, just checked the countries and two of the ones weā€™re visiting arenā€™t includedā€¦back to more planning lol

I have used Freedom before , about 5-6 years ago, their service was a bit spot in my areaĀ 

But that is a life time ago in cell service šŸ˜

I will check them out in November before leave for EU and our transatlantic home as they cover the areas we are goingĀ 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I recently signed up for Freedom - the $34, 50GB, Can US plan. I paid for 1 month with both my old plan still active and this to test it to see how the service was, as it was bad a few years ago. Ā I shut off data on my old plan and used the temp number with Freedom for a while. Ā Iā€™m in north Edmonton and work downtown and the service has been great, so I transferred over fully back in January. I was recently on the Celebrity Equinox and the plan worked great in the US (I just had to toggle data roaming on and off quickly and it found service quickly). I did a prepaid plan, as there is no difference in the plan (other canā€™t finance a phone) and no risk of overages. The great thing is with wifi calling on I was able to get texts and calls on the ship with no charge through ship wifi (we had premium wifi), which was great (I did have a number of texts and calls to try this out). I did the $30 5GB 81 country roam beyond pass as an add on, I added it after I left the US on the ship to make sure I used the included data first. It worked great at all the Caribbean islands we were at and on our turn around day in Fort Lauderdale on the back to back, the system automatically used data on my plan and not the add on. Ā I will get the add on again for our cruise in Europe later this year.Ā 

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1