Palma beach/ August

Hi, 

We will be in Palma de Mallorca middle of August on cruise. I know very hot time of year but would love to go to beach.  I was wondering are we better going to a beach club like Balneario Illetas or are we ok with Palma Nova beach in August? Also can we taxi both ways and rent Sun loungers and umbrellas at both? 

Any other suggestions are great as this is our first time visiting.
Thank you for all the help in advance. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tauntoncheer said:

We will be in Palma de Mallorca middle of August on cruise. I know very hot time of year but would love to go to beach.  I was wondering are we better going to a beach club like Balneario Illetas or are we ok with Palma Nova beach in August? Also can we taxi both ways and rent Sun loungers and umbrellas at both? 

There is a "pinned" thread at the top of the Spain Ports forum for Palma. If you post there, local resident roger b   keeps a close eye and will usually reply, although I think your question has been asked and answered a few times already and you could use the handy search tool to look for some of the posts in it as it is very long..

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/page/24/#comment-67131532

Edited by edinburgher

22 hours ago, tauntoncheer said:

Hi, 

Hi,

We did a beach day at Son Matias Beach. (connected by the waterfront walk to Palma Nova beach, only a couple mins apart) Easy to get a taxi from the cruise port to the beach, but I did pre-book a ride back to the ship in order to not stress about getting back on time. We were there last August and following other's recommendations of how busy it can get.  We arrived at the beach, on a Saturday, before 10am in order to reserve beach loungers/umbrella right next to the water. (bring euros to pay the guy, he'll wander around every once in a while and collect money from you after you've picked your spot)   There are lots of cafes, restaurants, and shops right along the waterfront and we had a late lunch at The Olive Tree before heading back to the ship. 100% recommend this restaurant - beautiful view of the beach from their pretty patio, great food and lovely staff! (I'd make a reservation if you want to eat lunch right along the beach- they get very busy in prime tourist season) We had a nice, relaxing day at Son Matias beach - it was very clean and the water was clear blue and perfect to cool off. Love to be back there right now instead of this cold rain and wind we're getting this week. Enjoy! -  Char

Thank you Char this sounds exactly like what we are looking for. How did you prebook the ride home? Did you ask the cab driver who took you there to come back at a certain time? Sorry for all the questions but have never been to Mediterranean before!