Short 9-2pm port day. Enough to do the Baths ?

sebas030

Good day everyone, 

We will be in port for a short day from 9am to 2pm. Is this enough to take the ferry, visit the Baths, dip our toes in the water and get back to the pier ?

It seems a bit tight ?

TIA

Yes too tight to enjoy. A self-excursion would be on the 9:30 Speedy’s ferry over and their 11:30 return, giving you just a few minutes at the shore. Ideally you’d arrive at the VG marina at ~10, have a 10-minute RT taxi + the walk down to the Baths and back up. Not sure if the cruise line offers a better option.

But yes very tight, we’d enjoy beautiful Tortola and perhaps Brewers Bay for a nice beach…

• Thanks 1

If you decide to stay on Tortola, there are drivers at the dock offering shared island tours of Tortola, some with a beach stop. You can inquire at the info center or just ask the taxi coordinator when you arrive…The beach would probably be Cane Garden Bay since there are several beach restaurants there…

22 hours ago, blue_water said:

If you decide to stay on Tortola, there are drivers at the dock offering shared island tours of Tortola, some with a beach stop. You can inquire at the info center or just ask the taxi coordinator when you arrive…The beach would probably be Cane Garden Bay since there are several beach restaurants there…

That is was I did my first time on the Island. We did have a nice beach stop at Cane Garden beach. I really loved the Island. 

This time around I wanted to do the Baths with the teens. I guess I will have to either take a ship sponsored tour to the Baths and fight with my fellow passengers to get in the baths 😉 or do a beach day on the Island.