Tobermory port call.

We will be visiting Tobermory this June.

has anyone been there?

What are the best things to see, are there any scenic walks close to where the ship will dock.

I believe it will be by tender.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

Somewhat old information from a British Isles cruise 10 years ago which I've dug out from a review I wrote at the time, but hopefully it might be of some use?

Tobermory, Isle of Mull.  The local tourist information facility supplied us with a number of walking routes, and we chose to do the coastal path, mainly through woodland, with lots of good views of our ship anchored off shore. The path turned inland into a large park with waterfalls and an artificial loch, and the route back passed Baliscate where there are some prehistoric standing stones, apparently the only ones found in the Western Isles. There are also remains of early Christian settlement, which featured on the Channel 4 “Time Team” programme a couple of years ago.

I've visited a few times.  Town is small, walk along the front to see the coloured houses, stroll up the hill behind the main street and there are walks along the headland to the lighthouse which takes about half an hour each way,

Distillery is in the town centre and interesting to fill an hour, but go there first and book a time slot for later in the day as numbers are limited on each tour.

If you want to see more there is a public bus service to Craignure or Calgary Bay (which is stunning if the weather is good).

• Thanks 1