Eclipse Royal suite, any reviews from recent sailings?

I watched some YouTube videos of the Royal Suite on Eclipse and it looked great, but the videos were posted by travel agents so I’m not sure if they were accurate representations, considering the age of the ship and lack of recent renovations. Does anyone have recent experience sailing in a royal suite on Eclipse? Thanks! 

33 minutes ago, amshowers said:

We were in a Royal Suite on Eclipse in October 2023.  It was lovely!  Any particular questions or concerns I would be happy to try to answer.

Oh good to know, thank you! Do you remember your room number? There are only 2 available right now. The upgrade is a real stretch for us so we want to make sure it’s the right choice. How were the furnishings. I know they aren’t new but are they really showing their age? 

We were in 1239.  The furnishings were a little older, but not uncomfortable.  We are a couple who spend a lot of time in the room and we remember the living space being really nice to hang out in.  I am one of the few people who uses the balcony bathtub and I really enjoyed that as well.  A few afternoons my husband would fall asleep on the lounger while I was relaxing in the tub.  I personally love the Royal Suites (not the E-Class, which I just experienced recently).  I would never have any doubts about upgrading!

Our first Royal Suite was on Infinity, 3 weeks after she went back into service after Covid, and we had an amazing time, so maybe we are easy to please, but they are some of the best suites at sea!

37 minutes ago, amshowers said:

I forgot to mention, we are back on Eclipse next fall (2024) in another Royal Suite and very much looking forward to it!

Thanks so much for your insights. The hot tub on the balcony is certainly a draw! I do love all the space and the huge bathroom. I’m glad to hear the furnishings are ok.  I’m very much leaning towards it if we can swing it financially. 

7 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I watched some YouTube videos of the Royal Suite on Eclipse and it looked great, but the videos were posted by travel agents so I’m not sure if they were accurate representations, considering the age of the ship and lack of recent renovations. Does anyone have recent experience sailing in a royal suite on Eclipse? Thanks! 

The S class ships have the best Royal Suites! Much more functional than E class and has a second bathroom that M class does not. Well worth it in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

We have cruised Eclipse RS on several occasions and most other S class RS too.

We find the rooms lovely. A good sized balcony, lots of space in the living room to relax, entertain and dine in if you wish. Bathroom is really nice too.

The RS perks are lovely too. We particularly enjoy the unlimited speciality dining and tend to dine in Tuscan or Murano most evenings.

Go for it! Enjoy!

• Thanks 1