Are passengers finally allowed to get their own soft serve ice cream again?

On 3/31/2024 at 12:17 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I prefer that it is served.  Some people do not was their hands after using bathroom.  Don't want them touching the machine.  Yuk.  Feel the same about buffet utensils- 

That’s why we avoid the Windjammer.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 7:38 AM, Ashland said:

I'm fine with staff serving the soft serve. However they need to do it correctly. The round & round method isn't correct and why you see many times it falls off the cone cause it's just sitting on top.. They need to do the up/down method which fills the inside of the cone first...no spillage this way and it makes a nice serving.

Whatever the product that Celebrity uses tastes much better than the one RCI uses.

We were just on both cruiselines and could tell the difference in taste.

That’s how I do it.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:12 AM, neverbeenhere said:

Carnival cruisers have a high immunity level. Also, they aren't bothered by finger licking good ice cream cones. (Me, I'm bothered)

Funny story I got COVID from my Carnival cruise (the only cruise I've gone on)  and I was the ONLY one masked out of my entire family!  I was having knee surgery after we got back so I was being careful and when I was doing the pre-op tests they said I got COVID!  (I didn't even feel anything so I had no clue), This was in March of 2022.

Just off Odyssey. Crew member filling cones on both the ship and also on Cococay.

Also, for those of you that are gluten free, I put some plastic cups and spoons in my beach bag.

Got off Anthem last week, spring break cruise, tons of people wanting the soft serve.  I am SO GLAD it was crew serving it.  It went fast and no mess and no people doing strange creations.  Just quick cones with swirl if wanted.

• Like 1