Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is a tough question.    We were on a much smaller ship -  Ponant (about 1/2 the size of Oceania Regatta.   We were sailing in the Great Lakes so the waters were mostly calm.   Even in rougher seas really didn't find that much more motion

I use to be affected by motion sickness when we first started sailing on Millennium back in 2001.  Over time, I think my body got used to it as I no longer get motion sick on ships.   I did find something that worked for me.    The night before the cruise I would take a Motion Sickness Pill (Marazine) which is almost the same chemical composition to Benadryl.   It of course made me sleep well the night before the cruise.   I would then take another 1/2 the morning of the cruise.   It would calm my inner ear down and I wouldn't require any more for the entire cruise.    Even though I no longer am affected I aways have a pack of Bonine with me --- Just in case. 

If you have done Alaska and California Coastal before you know that the waters can be either calm as a lake or pretty rough.    Much like any other destination.    Personally I wouldn't worry too much but be prepared.    Best location might be mid-ship both Aft/Forward and top/Bottom

We ended up booking a Vista Suite which is full forward right under the bridge.  I'm sure we will feel the sea more there and will hear the anchor drop - if we have tender ports.    I believe Sitka is the only tender port.  

My understanding is the following are different -

The OBC you receive with booking can only be used for their excursions.   Excursions seem expensive at about $250 pp for most.  

Beer and Wine are included with all meals from their wine list.   They also have a number of cocktail parties where you can get select free mixed drink

You can bring Liquor and Wine aboard as well as bring it back with you from ports.  There is a $25 corkage fee if consumed outside your Room.  Our suite comes with 6 bottles so I don't think this will be a problem for us. 

Tips are not included but you can purchase in advance or be billed daily.

You receive free basic internet which is good except for streaming.  For streaming you need to upgrade.  My understanding is Regatta has not been updated to Starlink and is the OLD internet.

Dining at most of the Specialties is free.   You can make reservations in advance -  2 tops are harder to get but usually no problem if you wish to share a table.

for the most part. Oceania sailings include accommodations, shore excursions (limited to Simply More $ allotment), port shuttles, activities, food and most beverages, specialty dining and entertainment. Not included in the fare are some beverage packages, gratuities, spa treatments, laundry and specialty excursions.

Thank you so much for all the detailed info.  I really appreciate it!!