Key for 2 different rooms

Posted (edited)

Can I get a key that will open 2 rooms that I have booked? Or will they just give me 1 key for whoever is in that room only. Myself and 1 son in one room, and my wife and other son in another room. So we would like the ability to be able to go  back and fourth with the rooms when needed. 

Edited by odessy

Each person gets a key card for the cabin they are booked in. You can go to guest services on board and get additional cards. We just did this. Daughter and grandson in one cabin. Granddaughter and I were in another. We both went to guest services and got another card for our cabin and then switched them so we could both access both cabins. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yep, we just did this as well.  Wife with one kid in one cabin, me with one kid in another cabin.  It's not possible to get them to key your card so it opens two rooms.  Guest services will instead issue you duplicate keys for the other cabin.  They will be plain cards with no printing of any kind on them.  They will only unlock the cabin and won't have any of your electronic info on it.

Guest services will write the last three digits of the cabin number on the back so you don't get the extra cards mixed up.  The marker will rub off, so my suggestion is to ask them for some tape to tape over it and try and preserve the markings.

Alternatively, ask for different colored cards.  The kids had orange colored cards so we asked for duplicate orange cards.  Wife and I had aqua colored cards and they gave us purple duplicate cards.

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 1