Dining Room Attire Changes

Hello,

I haven't been on a cruise in 9 years.  I'll be sailing on the Independence of the Sea next month.  The last time we sailed, I believe men were required to wear collared shirts in the dining room.  Has this changed?  Has the dress become more laxed?  Just trying to figure out what to pack.

I don't remember - is there a formal night on a 5 night cruise?

Thanks for the input.

10 hours ago, love2fish said:

I'll be sailing on the Independence of the Sea next month.  The last time we sailed, I believe men were required to wear collared shirts in the dining room.  Has this changed? 

Hi love2fish!

I would ask here, as dress-codes are individual to the cruiseline:

Royal Caribbean International: Ask a Question - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

• Like 2

We've been sailing RC a lot in the past couple of years, and yes, standards have dropped.  The only person we've seen turned away from the dining room was a young man in a tank top/undershirt.  There is a dress code noted in the daily planner each day - Formal or Dress Your Best, White, Tropical, or Casual.  Some comply, some are casual every day.

DH, and some of the other men, do wear a sportcoat and/or dress shirt every night, and many of the women still wear a dress or nice pants, but sadly (IMO), the numbers are falling.

• Like 1