Public Beach vs. Governor's Bch/ Why no more Beach Clubs?

big al

Hi all..my wife & close friend will be visiting GC next Feb., and DW & I have been here 5-6x, last time a year ago April '23..I know almost all of the Beach Clubs shut down during COVID, but for the life of me, I don't understand WHY more Beach Clubs have re-opened or some new ones have started..it's enough now..time to get things going again..we also are going to Cozumel, where there are like 12-15 beach clubs like Mr.Sanchos, Paradise Bch Club, Nachi Cocom, and many more...what seems to be the problem? Funny that GC is maybe the most well off Caribbean port most ships go to..you would think there would be at least 5-6-7 beach clubs..

So it looks like I'm down to either Governor's Bch or Public Bch., or maybe the Coral Bch resort for a day pass..thoughts? If it matters, we need some shade, restrooms, food & drink, loungers ( of course..)..last April my wife & I just had a drink in Georgetown, walked around, then went back to the ship..pretty boring..I'm hoping by next Feb '25 when we sail, maybe more may open..thanks!

Big Al

Either Coral Beach or Public Beach will technically meet your requirements, although things at Public will be more DIY and a bit less convenient.  If you want a beach club, Coral is the only game in town at the moment.  

There are lots of restaurants with great food and great views if you don’t want beach.  Cayman has never really gone in for the party/AI kind of vibe, even for stayover tourism, so I’m not surprised there aren’t more beach clubs.  

When things went out of business during the lockdown, some properties were sold to developers and other owners just moved on to other types of businesses less affected by fluctuations in tourism.