Last Minute Booking?

Hello! We are looking at the May 18th sailing out of Southampton on Virtuosa. We have not yet booked it. I'm curious for those that have waited until the last minute, has price increased or decreased? Let me know your experience or thoughts please. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Hello! We are looking at the May 18th sailing out of Southampton on Virtuosa. We have not yet booked it. I'm curious for those that have waited until the last minute, has price increased or decreased? Let me know your experience or thoughts please. Thanks!

Pentecost holiday in many European countries, almost no chance for a last minute grab. For those great last minute rates you really need to go offseason. I am cruising with MSC the same week in Europe (other ship), have booked already and I am 100 percent sure that it will not get cheaper. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Pentecost holiday in many European countries, almost no chance for a last minute grab. For those great last minute rates you really need to go offseason. I am cruising with MSC the same week in Europe (other ship), have booked already and I am 100 percent sure that it will not get cheaper. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Tierun said:

I've seen both, but you really can't predict one way or the other. If the price is good then book it. 

Yeah - I wish I had a crystal ball. LOL. 

At thirty days to go all advance booking needs to pay their remaining balance. 

After that point there MAY be a slight dip in some category prices and some free upgrades within category making certain cabins more available.

But then they'll apply the accepted Bid Up offers for category upgrades and thereafter the prices on remaining cabins will rise.

This is based on our families experience on booking from UK for an April East Med cruise. 

We paid for a suite months in advance, another paid for interior with a week to go and got outside, third paid for interior a month ahead and bid up and received a balcony. 

• Like 1