Making most of Mykonos on our own

getawaygirl

Hi everyone, we will be arriving in Mykonos May 30 via cruise ship (7am-6pm) I'm not sure if we'll be tendered or not. We didn't book any tours. We are thinking of walking to town, seeing the windmills and going to a place with a good view in Little Italy. Then, we would like to hang out at a beach nearby for lounging and drinks. Do we have time for all this? I'm not sure of the distances between each of these sites. Any recommendations where to eat (with a good view) in Little Italy? Also, will the weather be warm enough for lounging at the beach? Any info appreciated.

Mykonos is relatively compact and you absolutely have time to do all that. For a place to eat in Little Venice - try Captain's - it's small plates food. Try the fried calamari! Link to Google Maps

I did a DIY excursion too! If you fancy catching a bus to one of the famous beaches - Paradise or Elia - walk to Fabrika (South Station) - about a 10 minute walk south of town and there's a direct bus there. Here's my blog post if you're interested in reading more - https://diycruiseports.com/diy-port-guides/mykonos-cruise-port-diy-shore-excursion-guide

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 8:15 PM, mskaufman said:

Here are some pictures

IMG_1055.thumb.JPG.65b28d422c539cf5c7b412b4da764ad8.JPGIMG_1103.thumb.JPG.63d69b18cb2785b6e82ed8de09b01ee2.JPGIMG_1119.thumb.JPG.b0b135f0cb917474bbd0c31f41243b0f.JPG

I see there are a few beaches in Mykonos town, what is the name of the beach in the picture you shared, and how do I get there? Thanks in advance. Time.