Why Curacao?

sjde

We're looking at cruise itineraries in the Caribbean . I always like to include a new port or two. We've been to a lot but there are still quite a few ports we haven't been to before: Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Turk, Puerto Rico ,BVI , Dominica, St Croix, Dominican Republic and Grand Cayman.
Looking mostly for natural beauty, interesting architecture and photography, though shopping and food is good too! Not interested in adventure sports. A nice beach maybe for an excursion.

So tell me why we should choose Curacao? TIA! 

20 hours ago, Sanpan said:

Where do you sign up for the free walking tour

If you search for freewalkingtourcuracao you should find their website.  The tour is free and the guide - Rayay - relies on tips afterwards but he is a great guide.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The walking tour is free because you don't need a guide. I walked around town several times by myself. Willemstad is a very nice very family oriented town. Sidewalk entertainment great vibe and nice little home bars. 

You can walk all over town by yourself or with your own group on your own time do whatever you want without a guide. There's thousands of people everywhere you can't get lost. 

On 4/18/2024 at 3:30 PM, Thedonkeycentrehalf said:

If you search for freewalkingtourcuracao you should find their website.  The tour is free and the guide - Rayay - relies on tips afterwards but he is a great guide.

Thanks much.  I will check it out. 

55 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

The walking tour is free because you don't need a guide. I walked around town several times by myself. Willemstad is a very nice very family oriented town. Sidewalk entertainment great vibe and nice little home bars. 

You can walk all over town by yourself or with your own group on your own time do whatever you want without a guide. There's thousands of people everywhere you can't get lost. 

Thanks much.  Good to know that if we don't get a guide, its easy enough to do alone.  

Yes if you're going into town you want to go on your own time. No worries no hurry. People everywhere, great shopping great little pubs. 

It's a nice town to walk around great vibe. I'm just saying it can certainly be done by yourselves. I'm solo and I really like walking around Willemstad too many nice little bars to much to do and see on someone else's time. 

If your a bar hopper like I am you'll be in heaven. Have fun 🤜🤛

2 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Yes if you're going into town you want to go on your own time. No worries no hurry. People everywhere, great shopping great little pubs. 

It's a nice town to walk around great vibe. I'm just saying it can certainly be done by yourselves. I'm solo and I really like walking around Willemstad too many nice little bars to much to do and see on someone else's time. 

If your a bar hopper like I am you'll be in heaven. Have fun 🤜🤛

Thanks a bunch.  I'm excited to visit.

• Like 1

When you get off the ship you'll walk into the Curacao Welcome Center. 

You can pick up a nice fold up walking map of the city it's FREE. Just pick one up as your walking into town. You'll see it. FREE. 

It helps a lot and it's very easy to figure out, and it's fun. 😎

18 hours ago, TTEllis said:

It depends what you want.  Yes, you can just walk around yourself like in any place.

The walking tour guide gave us a load of really interesting information about the history of the island and the city as well as giving us background into the art works around.