Pickleball on Navigator of the Seas?

Hello, we set sail on Royal Caribbeans Navigator Of The Seas  April 19th next week going to the Mexian coast. We are beginner players with several lessons already. Question: Can we Use RCs rackets and balls to play without paying for lessons from the ship. Are there certain times we could book the courts, and play other teams? We could bring our own equipment if needed.

Thanks for any input.

Minnitub

Just now, Minnitub said:

Can we Use RCs rackets and balls to play without paying for lessons from the ship.
Are there certain times we could book the courts, and play other teams?

Yes. 
Check the app on current sailing to get an idea of times that is offered. 

2 minutes ago, Minnitub said:

Hello, we set sail on Royal Caribbeans Navigator Of The Seas  April 19th next week going to the Mexian coast. We are beginner players with several lessons already. Question: Can we Use RCs rackets and balls to play without paying for lessons from the ship. Are there certain times we could book the courts, and play other teams? We could bring our own equipment if needed.

Thanks for any input.

Minnitub

The daily planner will show times when the sports court is available for pickleball. On most ships pickleball is available/played for 3 hours every morning. This has been consistent on every ship I have been on over the last few years. However, I have not cruised on Navigator since she moved to the West. The ship provides paddles and balls. I would recommend bringing your own paddle, since the paddles provided are not very good. 

Also, if there is a line, it's a good idea to "announce" to everyone playing or in line that you play one game to 11 or 15 minutes, then back to the end of the line. Nothing worse than 4 people (usually inexperienced with court etiquette) monopolizing a court for an hour or more. The sports staff will sometimes announce this but they never monitor it.

4 hours ago, JoelinSedona said:

Also, if there is a line, it's a good idea to "announce" to everyone playing or in line that you play one game to 11 or 15 minutes, then back to the end of the line. Nothing worse than 4 people (usually inexperienced with court etiquette) monopolizing a court for an hour or more. The sports staff will sometimes announce this but they never monitor it.

One thing we have done when there are a lot of people playing is go to rally scoring. Games go by fast, which helps with the courts constantly turning over. I find it interesting how one month I can be on a cruise with dozens of average or better pickleball players and the next month be on a cruise where you struggle to get enough players for a game.