Katakolon Tourist Fun Train

rjkuva

Does anybody know if the Katakolon Tourist Fun Train is operating and if it will be in June? I can’t tell how current the information is on their web listing. It appears to be a tram that stops at a winery and beach, and looks like potentially a good alternative option for those not interested in Olympia.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, rjkuva said:

Does anybody know if the Katakolon Tourist Fun Train is operating and if it will be in June? I can’t tell how current the information is on their web listing.

You could try either contacting the company direct via their website if it is possible, or consider contacting the visitkatakolon Tourist Information Office because they should be local and be able to answer your question.

There really isnt anything much  in Katakolon, and having visited Olympia on our first visit an walking this one street town, on our second we mostly stayed onboard catching up with some laundry, editing photos from the trip so far, and otherwise enjoying a welcome restful day on a quite busy itinerary.

Edited by edinburgher

2 hours ago, edinburgher said:

You could try either contacting the company direct via their website if it is possible, or consider contacting the visitkatakolon Tourist Information Office because they should be local and be able to answer your question.

I appreciate your response but I don’t think this is going to help me. I did try finding contact information myself before posting this request. The website for the Katakolon Tourist Fun Train does not have any contact info that I could find. Visitkaktolon is a private tour company that sells their own competing tours. There is a website for the Katakolon Port that lists the Tourist Fun Train, but also has no contact info that I can see. And none of the reviews I can find are current. That is why I was hoping a helpful Cruise Critic member may have seen it or might have first hand information.

58 minutes ago, rjkuva said:

That is why I was hoping a helpful Cruise Critic member may have seen it or might have first hand information.

Sorry that none of my suggestions were any help at all as I expected that at least one would be successful.

As it is still a little early in the cruising season for this part of the world,  maybe not too many members have already visited this year.  Cruise calls to Katakolon should increase over the next couple of months and you might get more up-to-date information then.

A suggestion for a visit to Katakolo is to visit the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology, which is situated at the far end of the short main street and just beyond the railway 'terminal'.