Ward Cove to Ketchikan on your own . .

v3cruiser

Simple question, is it possible to get off ship that is docked in ward cove and make it to ketchikan in a timely manner? I booked an excursion outside of ncl to save about $200 but I dont know if timing will be an issue. We will have a little over an one hour to get from ship to meeting point for excursion. I also dont know if NCL will let everyone off ship after docking or those who have ncl excursions will be allowed to depart first. Thanks!

You will be allowed off immediately if you are ready to go as soon as all clear is called. I would be prepared to get off immediately and try to either get on one of the first shuttles out or see if there is a taxi available. We noted that there were several shuttles lined up waiting to go and they would depart as soon as they were full. We also saw a couple of taxis waiting there too. You also may be able to prearrange taxi pickup by calling one of the local companies to see if you can book them in advance. An hour should allow you time to make it to town, either via an NCL shuttle or taxi. 

1 hour ago, smarterman64 said:

don't forget that the bus also lets off i think at berth 4, so there is some time needd to walk to the meeting point. 

thanks, the meeting point is at berth 3. Still working logistics out. we may not do it or just pay the additonal 150 to do through ncl. 

2 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

thanks, the meeting point is at berth 3. Still working logistics out. we may not do it or just pay the additonal 150 to do through ncl. 

you may also check the port calendar and see who else is in port with you at ward cove. when i went on the sun, encore got there first and the shuttle lines were a bit long. i had an excursion though and left with the excursion. 

3 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

Deadliest Catch tour? If so, it’s about a 10 minute walk from where the bus drops off at Berth 4.

If it is the Deadliest Catch tour you should contact them.  I was interested in booking that excursion outside of the cruiseline and asked them about getting to the tour from Ward's Cove.  They told me they will pick you up at Ward's Cove.

Posted (edited)

it is! and yes they pick up right from ward cove, looks like ncl is sold out already. we booked it through the excursion company directly and saved $150. we may cancel and just hang out it town. we may just want to see ketchikan proper instead of being on a boat. Idont really like the stage seating on the crab boat. 

Edited by v3cruiser