25 day B2B on Spirit Auckland~Sydney~Papeete detailed review

I wouldn't say that we are seasoned cruisers but Season cruisers 🙂 We usually cruise at Christmas. Our last destinations were Saudi Arabia (MSC), Canary Islands (aida) and Antartica (ncl) replacing the ANZ cruise after the unacceptable itinerary changes. I told before. Same of you, we also miss a Port due weather conditions (Punta Arena) and they also shortened our stay in ports as Stanley. This Christmas we doubt between ANZ on Norwegian Sun  (especially after your wide review) and the Norwegian Spirit Asia (Philipines, Borneo, Vietnam, Malasia & Singapour from Taiwan) Let's say that we are just collecting information about the possible calling  ports, allowing NCL more time to reschedul the itineraries before before  making  our reservation. 😄 By the Way, I haven't noticed any comments/ pictures of you sipping cocktails. ( apart from Wine) just not your cup of tea, weather wasn't inviting? or just most focused on food? 

thanks again for the extended review!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 5:34 PM, luckybecky said:

Saturday March 23 Sea Day

We’ve had rocky seas! Captain says this is actually mild for the Tasman sea; it could be worse. It was rocking all night. The same in Wellington. This is probably the rockiest cruise I’ve ever been on. Thankfully neither of us is bothered by sea sickness.

We also participated in the Crowd Trivia game show which was a fun diversion. The sea continues rocking hard all day and night. People staggering around looking like they’ve had one too many glasses of wine. 

IMG_7631.jpeg

Did they ever close the outside decks? This was from our Bliss Panama Cabal Cruise. The pools were closed, as well. 

Edited by Candy Apple 12
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, barcelonauta said:

I wouldn't say that we are seasoned cruisers but Season cruisers 🙂 We usually cruise at Christmas. Our last destinations were Saudi Arabia (MSC), Canary Islands (aida) and Antartica (ncl) replacing the ANZ cruise after the unacceptable itinerary changes. I told before. Same of you, we also miss a Port due weather conditions (Punta Arena) and they also shortened our stay in ports as Stanley. This Christmas we doubt between ANZ on Norwegian Sun  (especially after your wide review) and the Norwegian Spirit Asia (Philipines, Borneo, Vietnam, Malasia & Singapour from Taiwan) Let's say that we are just collecting information about the possible calling  ports, allowing NCL more time to reschedul the itineraries before before  making  our reservation. 😄 By the Way, I haven't noticed any comments/ pictures of you sipping cocktails. ( apart from Wine) just not your cup of tea, weather wasn't inviting? or just most focused on food? 

thanks again for the extended review!

You won't go wrong with the Australia/NZ cruises. We enjoyed it so much. They also have some excellent Asia itineraries -- in fact I just booked one for late 2025!

Believe me, we made full use of the drink package! 😆  I usually drink wine but also enjoyed an occasional mojito, margarita, or aperol spritz. The mudslide is delicious and was very popular. We saw people drinking them all the time. Paul likes whiskey and tried them all (they have Bulleit, Crown Royal, Jack Daniels, Buffalo Trace, maybe more but he tried all of these) LOL and he also had gin and tonic from time to time. Bar service was always exceptional. They are happy to give you a double if you wish. No limit on number of drinks per day (as Carnival does, for example).

10 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

IMG_7631.jpeg

Did they ever close the outside decks? This was from our Bliss Panama Cabal Cruise. The pools were closed, as well. 

Yes they did. I can't remember how often, but the outside decks were closed a few times. Not often, but it did happen.