Venice to Ravenna Transportation

sweets2323

What are your plans for transportation since the port has changed to Ravenna for the first 2 days?

How are you getting to Ravenna?

The Italiarail is reaching Ravenna to late, so that isn't an option.. 

Any suggestion.

I see some people taking the train to Bologna (hour ride) then a private ride to Ravenna

I am not flying in the same day and the NCL hotels are sold out per my TA.. So I cant buy the hotel with transportation package.

Since I am flying in after, I cant get the transportation alone.

There are a number of trains each day from Venice to Ravenna. You will need to change trains at either Ferrara or Bologna. Check the Trenitalia website https://www.trenitalia.com/it.html

I don't know about NCL but check to see if they have transfers from Venice to Ravenna on embarkation day. Celebrity have stand alone transfers without hotel packages from Venice Airport, Venice City, Bologna Airport and Ravenna Train Station on embarkation day so possibly NCL have something similar.

Another option is to get a private transfer but it would cost a lot more than a ship transfer or the train.

You could spend a couple of nights in Venice then get a train to Bologna to spend a night then train to Ravenna on embarkation day or possibly spend the night in Ravenna before embarking. 

1 hour ago, sweets2323 said:

The train information is now up. I was able to also locate a company to transfer from Ravenna to the port,

for the benefit of others, perhaps you could post the name of this transfer company and the cost.  The Ravenna transportation question is a popular one. 

• Thanks 1

I went on the travel tourism site. Listed below. You can use them to get from the Ravenna train station to the Port...

https://www.turismo.ra.it/en/useful-services/shuttle-bus-ravenna-porto-corsini-cruise-terminal/

Train from Venice to Ravenna

Trenitalia has an app for the train times. Make sure to change the time to about 5am, so you can see the full list of time. If not, it will default to your current time and you will miss seeing the earlier times

Booking early is better to save money.

Better to get to Ravenna early then playing it close with getting on the port. 

I used a TA , so NCL would not let me get any transfers with them unless I booked the hotel.

They told my TA that all NCL hotels were booked.. So that meant to NCL Transfers for me. I think they save the hotels for their direct customer after they reach a percentage..