Info overload help needed

Wondering about car service from Southampton to hotel by LHR. I don't want to do the bus and willing to pay more to get there quickly but obviously don't want to pay more than I have to and want someone reliable. Looking at several companies and wondering if anyone has experience with any of these companies. 

Southampton Airport Taxi Service

Southampton Taxis

Gunwarf Executive Travel

Jewels Airport Service 

There is about a 30 pound difference from low to high so a bit of a difference in price. Blackberry is another one but I know it gets good reviews. I worry as most will only wait 5-15 minutes and if 5 ships in port might be crazy getting to where you need to be at a certain time. I want to prebook for that reason but wondering would we be better off just taking our chances and wait to grab a cab that day when we get off ship.

Thanks in advance I know this has been discussed a lot but looking for those with experience good or bad with these companies.

We used Jewels last summer from LHR to Southampton and then back to LHR after the cruise. They were easy to communicate with and was very reliable. Would definitely use them again.

• Thanks 1

For that distance, certainly don't just grab a cab that day when you get off the ship.

Cabs at the cruise terminal rank are convenient to get you to anywhere in Southampton such as the train or coach station or a city hotel, if you're lazy perhaps to somewhere just outside the city. But those taxis are metered and quite expensive - no problem if they cost a pound or two more for a local trip, but it'd be a whole lot more to drive you the 65 miles to Heathrow if a driver at the rank is prepared to take you..

Disembarkation at Southampton is generally quick & trouble-free - but the earlier you disembark the lower the chances of a log-jam going thro the terminal formalities.

For most ships unassisted disembarkation (haul your bags from your cabin) starts at or just before 7am, with the first tranche of assisted disembarkation (collect your bags in the terminal) from 7.30.

Allow 10 - 15 minutes to be at the terminal entrance if you're allocated an early disembarkation slot, 20 - 30 mins for a later slot.

Since you don't have a same-day flight, no worries. Book a car for 9am or 9.30 or even 10.00, after the rush has died down.

Gunwharf have certainly been frequently recommended on Cruise Critic, though they may be one of the more-expensive options. The others are established operators.

Add https://westquaycars.com/ and https://www.aquacars.co.uk/ to your options, both have been recommended by CC members. We've use aquacars to take us from home to Gatwick and Heathrow, no worries

JB🙂

Thank you for all the info. Very much appreciated and helpful.
Gunwarf is already all booked but they recommended Always Airports car service which I have sent off for a quote. Do you know anything about them? 

47 minutes ago, 1island2go said:

Thank you for all the info. Very much appreciated and helpful.
Gunwarf is already all booked but they recommended Always Airports car service which I have sent off for a quote. Do you know anything about them? 

I don't know them, but another local operator (actually only a few miles from me). Good reviews on all sites 🙂

JB 🙂

I couldn't find any reviews on them which sites? But if you have heard of them and Gunwarf recommended I might go with them once I hear from them and get a bid. Thanks again for all your help!

20 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

We used Jewels last summer from LHR to Southampton and then back to LHR after the cruise. They were easy to communicate with and was very reliable. Would definitely use them again.

Wondering when setting your time were you off the ship early? How long once off the gang plank were you able to get to your car pick up? Where did you meet them once you exited the terminal. Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, 1island2go said:

Wondering when setting your time were you off the ship early? How long once off the gang plank were you able to get to your car pick up? Where did you meet them once you exited the terminal. Thanks in advance!

We were off the ship around 8:30 had arranged our pick up time for 9 am; however, our driver notified us that he was in the taxi area when we got off. We were in his car by 8:45 and on our way to LHR

Sorry, had done a quick google Always Airports reviews - didn't notice that Mr Google had added other operators 🙄

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g3214233-d17781576-Reviews-Always_Airports-Stubbington_Fareham_Hampshire_England.html

and 11 Google reviews on their website 

https://www.alwaysairports.co.uk/

JB 🙂

Always Airports
Stubbington Grn, Fareham
11 reviews
Reviews aren't verified.

Sort by
Most relevant
Newest
Highest
Lowest

Debbie Bransom

a year ago
Having used Smiths Airport Taxis for 22 years, was nervous at how things would work with Always Airport Taxis but have found them to be nothing but the ultimate professionals. I love the confirmation email detailing my booking, ability to …More
Response from the ownera year ago
Hi Debbie, thank you for your kind and truthful words. We are truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations. …More
Mr G Fearon

a year ago
Fantastic stress free experience.We were updated regularly through email and text. Our driver Simon was very personable, good humoured and helpful. He brought us to and from Gatwick, using the backroads to avoid traffic conditions and got us there in plenty and stress free. We will definitely use this company again.

Valerie Abbott

a year ago
Used Always Airports for our return trip to Gatwick we were a group of seven adults and would definitely use this service in the future if needed lovely driver called Dave very helpful on time very reasonable prices excellent service
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. Always pleasing to know our drivers are doing a good job.
tracey russell

2 years ago
Positive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Value
Overall great service. The car was extremely comfortable, pick up was on time, there was water in the car and all very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend.
Thank you Tracey, your views are very kind, However this is what I expect from our team over the years. Your custom and onward recommendations most welcome. We hope to see you again soon. …More
Mike P

a year ago
Great communications, good clean smart comfortable cars.
Thank you for your kind review Mike.
Debra Phillips

2 years ago
Excellent service, definitely will be using them again.
Thanks Debra, lovely to get your honest views.
We hope to see you soon …
More
Justin Harris

a year ago
Easy booking and fuss free transfer to the airport.
Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It is always good to hear what our clients think.
John Lawrence-jones

8 years ago
Brilliant service!

Nice drivers clean cars.
John, if we can be of further service, we'll be glad to see you
Sharon Colesell

a year ago

Fran Green

3 years ago

Thanks for everything, we hope you had a tremendous experience