Car Rentals in Juneau, AK

turbulentwaters

We are interested in renting a car for the day when we are in Juneau and would like to know if anyone has any advice on this. Most of the car rentals are done at the airport which looks like it is a nearly $30 Lyft ride each way.  I am having troubles finding any rental companies that either have an office downtown or do pickups downtown or near the cruise ships.  In old CC threads I have seen that some people have used AVIS but they do not start their downtown business until May.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion.  I looked into it and that is probably the way I will go.  I have heard of it before but have been afraid of unexpected charges and of car problems or having to pay for pre-existing damages they accuse me of, don't show up when promised, or those types of things.  On the other hand, they don't have long lines, don't try to upsell insurances, potentially meet you where you are, may have more flexibile hours, etc.  I think it is worth a try.  Thanks again for the suggestion!

We used Juneau Car Rental in the past but they are no longer at the port.  I called and they said they would have a shuttle to pick you up.

I opted for Turo this time (first time).  I actually read someone’s recommendation on this board and booked their 5 star Turo car.  The communication has been great so far and we are looking forward to trying it out!