First Marella cruise

Hi, we have just booked our first Marella cruise since it was Thomson.  Can regular Marella cruisers advise me what the food is like, dress code, any formal nights etc.  We are on Voyager in premium balcony suite. All advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks

Posted (edited)

The food is always very subjective but I found it to be perfectly acceptable and I never went hungry, dress code is reasonably casual with normally one dress to impress night on a 7 night trip if one feels the need to dress up, long trousers only in the MDR's.

Theatre shows are generally very good and professional, guest acts normally a comedian I've always found to be good and not sweary, the late shows can be a bit closer the the edge but never derogatory.

Resident bands in the various venues also generally very good, performing to most musical tastes.

Although it's all inclusive cruising, I never really witnessed any unruly behaviours other than the odd person with the wobbles.

The crew are still the best I've ever experienced at sea, across several cruiselines.

I hope you enjoy.

Edited by S1971

Thank you, very helpful x

21 hours ago, S1971 said:

The food is always very subjective but I found it to be perfectly acceptable and I never went hungry, dress code is reasonably casual with normally one dress to impress night on a 7 night trip if one feels the need to dress up, long trousers only in the MDR's.

Theatre shows are generally very good and professional, guest acts normally a comedian I've always found to be good and not sweary, the late shows can be a bit closer the the edge but never derogatory.

Resident bands in the various venues also generally very good, performing to most musical tastes.

Although it's all inclusive cruising, I never really witnessed any unruly behaviours other than the odd person with the wobbles.

The crew are still the best I've ever experienced at sea, across several cruiselines.

I hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

The food is “acceptable “… That’s about right. 

Why not share your thoughts and experiences.

As I said its "perfectly acceptable" this covers most of what I've experienced, some excellent meals, some good and also mediocre, but there is plenty of choice and variety for all tastes.

6 hours ago, S1971 said:

Why not share your thoughts and experiences.

As I said its "perfectly acceptable" this covers most of what I've experienced, some excellent meals, some good and also mediocre, but there is plenty of choice and variety for all tastes.

I was simply agreeing with your sentiments,.. Thought you summed up perfectly succinctly within that phrase, thus my quotation.

Had I have wanted to share my experiences, I would have done so, but thought it unnecessary given your summation.

Cheers

• Like 1