BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

It looks like the last traditional transit for our WC ship, at least for now. I would gladly see Coral return to Australia any time they want. New locks for us next year on Crown.

Well done Stu.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It looks like the last traditional transit for our WC ship, at least for now. I would gladly see Coral return to Australia any time they want. New locks for us next year on Crown.

That going a interesting stalk thought the Panama.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sewgood said:

The guide told us in this lock we have a clearance of 50 cm each side.

Wow! That's a bit scary. It must take some precision navigating by the captain.

Still very envious, another cruise on my bucket list .........

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Wow! That's a bit scary. It must take some precision navigating by the captain.

Still very envious, another cruise on my bucket list .........

The Captain does very little in the locks. The mules keep the ship on an even keel.

mule.jpg.70506c740dbfcf94b877b6f4e5521374.jpg

• Like 4

Which city has been so far the most interesting or memorable?

The Key West images at the pier are cute!!! The palm trees and the friendly and intimate surroundings are appealing!!! Those are lucky people living there :). I have only heard good about Key West.

We had a very enjoyable Panama Canal transit. We booked spots in the Sanctuary where they laid on a lovely breakfast - mimosas, fruits etc, pastries, tea/coffee. Then chilled gazpacho late morning, lunch from the regular Sanctuary menu, and the usual afternoon tea.

It was interesting to watch the transit from the aft rather than forward. We were able to appreciate the convoluted channel through the Gatun Lake from this vantage point, seeing the leading lights positions for each section.

It was very hot and humid but regular dips in the pool kept us cool. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

The Captain does very little in the locks. The mules keep the ship on an even keel.

mule.jpg.70506c740dbfcf94b877b6f4e5521374.jpg

It still looks scary as all get out!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had a very enjoyable Panama Canal transit. We booked spots in the Sanctuary where they laid on a lovely breakfast - mimosas, fruits etc, pastries, tea/coffee. Then chilled gazpacho late morning, lunch from the regular Sanctuary menu, and the usual afternoon tea.

It was interesting to watch the transit from the aft rather than forward. We were able to appreciate the convoluted channel through the Gatun Lake from this vantage point, seeing the leading lights positions for each section.

Had you done the transit previously or your first time? It looks fascinating. How long from start to finish?

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Slow down the ship.  Don’t rush home.  Yesterday (Sunday) was 8c max here in Canberra, and the wind chill apparent temp in Thredbo on Friday was -24c.  On a positive note, 70cm of fresh snow fell at Thredbo over the weekend, and was still falling last night.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Slow down the ship.  Don’t rush home.  Yesterday (Sunday) was 8c max here in Canberra, and the wind chill apparent temp in Thredbo on Friday was -24c.  On a positive note, 70cm of fresh snow fell at Thredbo over the weekend, and was still falling last night.

Just at the moment, even SE Qld is too cold for me!🥶

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Had you done the transit previously or your first time? It looks fascinating. How long from start to finish?

It was our second time through but last time we went the other way.

It took all day. We were waiting to enter the first lock when we got up to the Sanctuary just before 8am and I think we went through the last lock around 6pm. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I'll pass on that thanks.🤭

Did I mention SE Qld is cold.....................?🥶😮

Today's Daily Mail:

Temperatures plummeted across Queensland as the minimum temperature in Brisbane Airport overnight on Monday reached 6.3C. 

Tropical areas were also hit by the cold blast with Townsville in the north reaching 8.6C, while Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast reached just 3.7C.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 10:45 PM, Captain Roger said:

Which city has been so far the most interesting or memorable?

I only got on in Dover so I only pick a port from Dover on.

The city/town would be Sydney Halifax for me, I really enjoyed going up to Fortress Louisburg, It was so historic which is what I enjoy. Photos to come when I get home.

The best port stop was in Iceland in Akureyri, we did a day long excursion up to the lava fields/ rock formations, boiling mud pools and the waterfall, it was just wow views around every corner.

A popular excursion which has been the highlight of a number of people on board was in Isafjordur to go and see the puffins, lots of puffins were sighted and everyone enjoyed the day. A pity I didn't book this tour.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Slow down the ship.  Don’t rush home.  Yesterday (Sunday) was 8c max here in Canberra

No doubt even colder in Cooma. A lovely 22-27c in Manta today.

I'm in no rush to get home, having too good a time onboard. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sewgood said:

No doubt even colder in Cooma. A lovely 22-27c in Manta today.

I'm in no rush to get home, having too good a time onboard. 😃

Always colder in Cooma, but often not by much.  But I do remember, as a child living in Cooma so long ago, the pipes bursting frequently in winter.  I actually love cold weather, but I struggle in the heat of summer, especially if it’s humid.

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Did I mention SE Qld is cold.....................?🥶😮

Today's Daily Mail:

Temperatures plummeted across Queensland as the minimum temperature in Brisbane Airport overnight on Monday reached 6.3C. 

Tropical areas were also hit by the cold blast with Townsville in the north reaching 8.6C, while Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast reached just 3.7C.

I read that too!  My brother lives in Cairns, and they are experiencing a cold winter (for them).