Seattle Pier 91 Transportation

We are a group of 7 adults cruising in August 2024. One person has limited mobility, only able to walk ~100 yards.  We are flying into Seattle 2 days prior to cruise.

We will need the following transportation:

-Airport to a Downtown Hotel

-Downtown Hotel to Pier 91

-Pier 91 to Airport

I would appreciate transportation suggestions from those familiar with the Seattle Pier 91 layout- pickup/drop off.

On previous cruises from FLL we have used Uber/Lyft for transportation and found it very convenient and economical.

Looking at the Pier 91 terminal map it sems the rideshare pick up area is away from the terminal.  Is that also where the rideshare drop off is located?

Thank you for any insight specific to Pier 91

Ride share drop off is at the front of the terminal. However, as you noted, the pick up is a little ways from the terminal. There is a shuttle to the ride share pick up lot. 

Uber/Lyft is very active in the Seattle area for your other transport needs.

There is a shuttle service recommended here frequently...something Express. That might work for you as well.

• Like 1

If you use a Chauffeur type service, then you can be dropped off and picked up along the 'U' shaped drive area.  This is where the taxis, buses, friends/family along with the chauffeur vehicles can access.  The Uber/Lyft drivers have their own drop off area about 1/4 mile from the terminal.  There is a shuttle that can transport you from the Uber/Lyft lot.

With such a large group, plus having someone with serious mobility issues, I would suggest the chauffeur option.

• Like 1

I agree with @Ferry_Watcher on all points.

If you feel a shuttle service will work better for your group, the service in Seattle is called Seattle Express.

https://seattleexpress.com/

I'd recommend calling them and having a chat to determine how they will handle your special needs.  With 7 people, and one with limited mobility, I would expect that you'd want to schedule a private transfer and not share with others.  It will also make your trip to and from the hotel and the port more organized and more timely.

• Like 2

If you do end up doing two Ubers TO the port, some drivers will say they can't go up to the building for drop off (probably b/c they don't want to get stuck in the traffic). With a disabled person, the walk from Uber drop off is too long, but I've had success telling the driver we need to be dropped off in front and will tip accordingly. 

The walk to the Ubers at the end of the cruise will be too long, and your person might also have trouble getting up onto the shuttle, depending on their mobility. It could be easiest just to take two cabs back to the airport, as the taxi line is right in front of the building. Or, as suggested above, arrange for a private transfer. My guess, though, is that the private transfer may cost more than 2 taxis.

@marco2111,  When you exit the terminal with your luggage, you will head towards the right-side of the U shaped drive area. 

On one side you will see the taxis lined up.  On the far right-side of the driveway area you will see  the large motorcoaches that are used as airport shuttles (you must pre-purchase a ticket).  If you walk past the motorcoaches towards the end of the parking slots (R, S or T) you will find the Seattle Express pick-up area.

The shuttles for the Uber/Lyft lot are also on the right-side of the U shaped driveway, and are located at parking slots A & B.  (although it can be faster to walk the 7-10 minutes)

There will be lots of pier-side staff to direct you.  There will be lines for the airporters for the taxis.  Just let staff know that you are looking for Seattle Express.

If you need wheelchair assistance, you need to secure it while you are still in the luggage hall.  , Wheelchair assistance is on a first come, first served basis.  For disembarking passengers, you can request wheelchair assistance off the ship, and you are dropped off inside the luggage hall, and then the pier-side wheelchair team will then help you to whatever ground transportation you have.  If you didn't use wheelchair assistance getting off the ship, but you feel that you still need it, then you can request assistance while you are still in the luggage hall. 

Also, you can ask one of the porters to help with your luggage (only porters can handle your luggage, not pier-side staff).