Please help me understand Mini Suite category differences on Sun Princess

MudderBear

Hello.  There is a $900 difference in price between two Cabana Mini Suites.  They are both for a Greece Cruise Tour in 2025

Without giving specifics, one Mini Suite Cabana is in the area of 12414-12426 and is Category: CA  and the cost is $9784 on the 12th deck

The other is a Mini Suite Cabana in the Cabana Deck area 9241 to 9321 and is Category C1 and the cost is $8886.

The one on the 9th deck seems to be the better choice, yet it is priced lower.  Why is the one on the 12th floor higher?  Is it because the "balcony" is on the sphere.

Also, is there a listing that describes all of the different Mini Suite Categories?  I've been Googling for the longest time and can't find anything.

Thanks!!!

Posted (edited)

Okay,  this is very confusing,  and Princess has changed around some of these categories in a major way.

The Cabana Deck Mini Suites on Deck 9 has access to that special exclusive Cabana Deck.  Notice the word DECK in the name of the category.

This is great.  But, know that if it actually is ON that cabana deck, the privacy on your balcony will be compromised, as others with access to this deck can be right outside your balcony.

Know that instead of normal railing, you would be looking over your balcony divider and out thru double-high blue tinted glass (wind breaking???)

The Cabana Deck Mini Suites on Deck 9 that are forward or aft of the actual Cabana Deck, (bright pink on the deck plans) of course, have access to the Cabana Deck, but the privacy is not compromised, as they are not ON / overlooking the Cabana Deck.  They still have the double-high blue tinted glass.

The Cabana Mini Suite on Deck 12 does not have access to that exclusive Cabana Deck.

This might be offset by the fact that the ones on Deck 12, which are on the 'Sphere' would have large balconies.  A big plus...  They have the cabana and the balcony that is larger than the standard balconies on the ship. (which, some can be fairly shallow)

Also a plus to these is NO double high blue glass.

All of these Cabana Mini Suites have an interior that is smaller than a non-cabana mini-suite.

You are either getting the space in the mini-suite, or in the combination of a deluxe balcony interior and the cabana area.  So, be aware of this when comparing a Cabana, or Cabana Deck, mini suite with a regular non-cabana mini-suite.  These have the larger, full mini-suite interior.

There are some photos out there...  but I do not have time at the moment to post links for you.

Perhaps later.   We are actually packing to leave out on a trip soon!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

Thank you. Yes the explanation of the larger sphere deck makes sense i.e. more money. I will be in a cabana mini suite this year with access to the cabana deck. Once I experience this I'll know which suite to keep next year.

The ones one Deck 9, with access to the exclusive Cabana Deck should cost a bit more.

To complicate things even more, Princess used to have RESERVE mini suites.. with access to a reserve dining room...  but seem to be ending that.

And now they have Sanctuary Mini Suites that have access to the exclusive SANCTUARY wake view with the pool and bar etc.