Mini-bar selections

Sorry to report that on the Splendor in Dec '23 they no longer had the Macallan Quest, even though we requested it for our room. It was there on Splendor in Dec '22. I don't remember if our butler told us it was no longer carried, or if it was just temporarily out. Maybe other ships still have it? I'll ask for it on Explorer next week.

My (89-yr-old) mother was with us in Dec '22 and she fell in love with it. I wanted that bottle so I could bring it to her. It's special for the cruise/duty free industry and not easily available at regular liquor stores, though available by mail order.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:05 AM, rev29k said:

Does anyone know how many bottles you are allowed?  I'm not trying to have a fully stocked bar, but I would like a couple options, and the wife really only drinks wine.  I'm hearing 2 bottles, but hoping 3 or 4 is allowed by chance.  

I've had Grey Goose, JW Black and Seagram's VO stocked at the beginning of our Splendor cruise in a Concierge (pre ordered) a little over a year ago.

On our previous cruises we have asked for a bottle of wine and a bottle of calvados by email Guest Services and they were there when we arrived.  This last cruise we did the same thing and nothing was in our cabin when we got there.  We asked our steward and then next day he said he could not get the calvados, so we selected another one.

We attended an event with the head bartender during the cruise and asked him about calvados, and he said they couldn't get it any more. No further explanation.

12 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I've had Grey Goose, JW Black and Seagram's VO stocked at the beginning of our Splendor cruise in a Concierge (pre ordered) a little over a year ago.

Did you pre-order that online? We tried that on our most recent cruise, and it wasn't accepted. We even tried to pre-order a bottle of wine with 2 liquor selections, and it was not accepted by the online application.

On our previous cruise last year, our cruise companion on her first Regent cruise, and in a Concierge cabin tried to get 2 liquors and vermouth pre-ordered, which email since the online ordering won't accept it. She ended up with nothing but beer and soda when she boarded. After a few days, she had her martini makings, and an after dinner liquor, but it took a few reminders to her room steward.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Did you pre-order that online? We tried that on our most recent cruise, and it wasn't accepted. We even tried to pre-order a bottle of wine with 2 liquor selections, and it was not accepted by the online application.

On our previous cruise last year, our cruise companion on her first Regent cruise, and in a Concierge cabin tried to get 2 liquors and vermouth pre-ordered, which email since the online ordering won't accept it. She ended up with nothing but beer and soda when she boarded. After a few days, she had her martini makings, and an after dinner liquor, but it took a few reminders to her room steward.

I thought I may have done it pre cruise however if not I ordered two and added the third once I saw my cabin steward which was no problem the first day. It may also depend upon who you have as a steward or butler.  Some may appear more accommodating than perhaps others.

My sailing would not have been adversely affect had they said no.  I could always get the other by the glass at any lounge I visited.

Edited by ChucktownSteve