Everything is booked except food

We have booked everything for our 3 weeks vacation this summer except dinners. Tours, transfers and ship excursions. We are starting with 5 nights in Rome. We have a good tour planned one night and are going to try to get reservations at Armando Al Pantheon and my dh has a reminder set to book as soon as reservations open.  Should we make other reservations?  One day we have a day trip to Tuscany and will get back late. 

Should we make any reservations for our 3 nights in Amalfi. I wouldn’t like our hotel’s restaurant, it’s too “fancy” for my taste. I do want to have at least one water front meal. Would that require a reservation? No idea where I’d want to go. 

Our one night in Naples we will most likely do pizza. Then it’s off to Athens for a couple nights pre-cruise. 

Not sure  what we’re doing in Venice yet. We’ve booked Doge’s Palace and plan to do a gondola ride. Not sure what else. We have a full two days there, fly home early afternoon on the third. 

You could also book Roscioli Salumeria con Cucina, try to get the wine cellar.

Most restaurants in Amalfi are within the city, but there are a few on the beach, some with beach amenities. The Marina Grande is right on the beach and it is quite good.  If you go during the day the also have beach chairs that you can reserve and have lunch and drinks there.  The pizza in Amalfi is also very good, same as Naples.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that's one of the hotels we are looking at. Also tried to book Albergo del Senato in Rome for pre-cruise 3 day stay but they're not accepting reservations until the end of this month. Hope you have a great time, we've got 11 months to look forward to ours.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marazul said:

You could also book Roscioli Salumeria con Cucina, try to get the wine cellar.

Most restaurants in Amalfi are within the city, but there are a few on the beach, some with beach amenities. The Marina Grande is right on the beach and it is quite good.  If you go during the day the also have beach chairs that you can reserve and have lunch and drinks there.  The pizza in Amalfi is also very good, same as Naples.

Marina Grande looked perfect but appears to be fully booked already. 

51 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Marina Grande looked perfect but appears to be fully booked already. 

You could ask your hotel to book you a table there. You never know...

Look up the other beach restaurants on Google maps and see what they offer.  This is a very high end area and the food and amenities are all bound to be good.

• Thanks 1