Disembarkation times in Athens

We are doing the 7 day Adriatic and Greek Treasures cruise in October on Encore. How does disembarkation work We are going to Santorini for 3 days after the cruise , and I was looking at a 4 hour tour with Georges taxi when we disembark. We will probably only have carry on and will take off our own bags. The itinerary says arrival is 7 AM. Can we get off at any time or is there a schedule?

Wanting to see what time to have George's pick us up and then what time to book our flight to Santorini

Any suggestions and thoughts appreciated..

Thanks

I just got off Encore in Athens this morning. I think we actually pulled into port around 4:30 am. If you want to disembark at 7, you'll just need to ask guest services for that time assignment so that your bags will be ready for you in the port at the right time. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Earthtones said:

If you want to disembark at 7, you'll just need to ask guest services for that time assignment so that your bags will be ready for you in the port at the right time. 

If possible, keep your bags with you and take them yourselves as you disembark.

Much quicker that way.

You can usually stay on until 9:30.  If the ship arrives at 7 due to needing clearance from the local authorities typically, but varies from port to port and depends on how many other ships are in port, you will not be able to disembark before 8 or so.

15 hours ago, shen61 said:

itinerary says this -- 

image.thumb.png.4de0447ce85822326dca426a99aba92b.png

So wondering if we arrive earlier and then can debark at 7 AM

thanks

15 hours ago, shen61 said:

itinerary says this -- 

image.thumb.png.4de0447ce85822326dca426a99aba92b.png

So wondering if we arrive earlier and then can debark at 7 AM

thanks

You have to wait for the ship to clear.  This morning it was around 7.30 to 7.45

We just disembarked off the Encore this Am in Athens.  Leaving room (with luggage) to car service was 10 mins.   No customs and it went very smooth.  I was very surprised 😲 

took George’s taxi it was excellent thank you to all that commented on this service it was one of the best arrival experiences I have had.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, goodvino808 said:

We just disembarked off the Encore this Am in Athens.  Leaving room (with luggage) to car service was 10 mins.   No customs and it went very smooth.  I was very surprised 😲 

took George’s taxi it was excellent thank you to all that commented on this service it was one of the best arrival experiences I have had.  

Do you recall what time you were cleared to leave please/what time you left?

People were able to get off the ship as early as 700ish but you had to arrange that.  Offical disembarkation was 0800-930 with some recommended times that was passed to you two evenings before.  Since we cried our luggage off the ship we left right at 0800.  In the letter they wanted everyone out of their suites by 0800 but could have breakfast and stay in the public areas till 0930.

• Thanks 1