TV programming onboard HX - Olympic Coverage

We will be on Fridgtjof Nansen during the Paris Olympics…. Just curious if there may be programming onboard in cabin to watch (Sky sports, perhaps? Other?)

not sure what is available normally, and if in the past, if special arrangements were made for special events…

On 5/14/2024 at 2:02 AM, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

We will be on Fridgtjof Nansen during the Paris Olympics…. Just curious if there may be programming onboard in cabin to watch (Sky sports, perhaps? Other?)

not sure what is available normally, and if in the past, if special arrangements were made for special events…

I have no experience, but the available channels may depend also on where in the world the ship is sailing then.

On 5/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

I personally would not expect to see live coverage of anything on a cruise ship.

We were on the Nansen a year or so ago, and I cannot remember what stations were available, but I am sure you will get recaps from the previous day on some sports channel.

Satellite stations are very spotty depending on where you are. 

I know we had sky sports on a Viking ship, and I have seen that they and  HAL had made special arrangements for Super Bowl coverage…. So was hopeful, knowing that it is all satellite coverage.   
I just had no idea what programming is available on an HX ship on a normal basis.

Thanks!