Carnival Celebration July 2024 Family Cruise (Pre-Cruise Planning & Post Review)

Just a few miles south of the Buccees on I-75 is Lane Southern Orchard. It’s just a few minutes drive off the interstate on Hwy 96. July is peach season so everything peach related will be in the store and the cafe. The peach cobbler and the peach ice cream in the cafe are both really good. Even if you don’t stay over in the Warner Robins area, it might make a nice stop along the way. 

17 hours ago, mikayla73 said:

I haven't been, but friends have said the aquarium in Atlanta is very good and huge.

If you want to go a little farther in GA before stopping, there's a Museum of Aviation in Warner Robbins, GA. Parking and admission there are free. And as a bonus just south of the Warner Robbins exit on 75 there's a Buc-ee's. Always good for gas, food, and random shopping before heading out the next day. 

I agree, I would ideally like to be in Florida before we stop.  I will check out the aviation museum, and defiantly keep my eye open for the Buc-ee's.  There ate two stores I try never to pass without stopping, Goodwill & Buc-ees.  I know, it is a sickness, but you never know what treasure you will find at a Goodwill and who can say no to a Beaver Nugget.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

Look up Covington GA. It along the route. Has some memories and neat TV/Movies filmed there. 

Dukes of Hazard was my favorite. 

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I found his with a quick Google Search (https://365publicationsonline.com/CovingtonVCS/Filming_Locations_Tour.pdf) so we may have to think about this as well.  Though I must admit, it feels like for of a dull day, rather than a diversion.  

Edited by hawkinsh

59 minutes ago, cgladin said:

. . .  peach cobbler and the peach ice cream in the cafe are both really good. . . 

Who does not like a yummy peach cobbler, but I think ill do vanilla ice cream on top.

Oh yeah - I forgot about Lane. It's interesting to wonder around and the cafe is yummy!

If you like the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, it was partly filmed in Juliette, GA. The Whistle Stop Cafe is there, and open for business. It's around the Forsyth area when you're coming down 75, so north of Warner Robins.