Any noise from theatre below for deck 7 forward cabins on Vista?

edgee

Considering another cruise on Vista next year. We know about noise issues between cabins on Vista and are prepared to live with that. Wondered if anyone has experience on Deck 7 forward with any noise issues from music/sound system in theatre below? Thanks.

We were on Vista in March this year, cabin 7007. We did not experience any noise issues at all and would not hesitate to book that cabin again.  
We also loved the extended balcony and used it every day. 
Cheers 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carduchi said:

We were on Vista in March this year, cabin 7007. We did not experience any noise issues at all and would not hesitate to book that cabin again.  
We also loved the extended balcony and used it every day. 
Cheers 😊

I am thinking of booking these cabins too. Did the theatre finish early after the shows? or will that turn into some kind of discoes afterwards?

When you say extended balcony do u mean it is deeper than others? will that give a more "restricted"view when looking out from the room (like through a tunnel)?

Thanks

1 hour ago, vipro said:

I am thinking of booking these cabins too. Did the theatre finish early after the shows? or will that turn into some kind of discoes afterwards?

When you say extended balcony do u mean it is deeper than others? will that give a more "restricted"view when looking out from the room (like through a tunnel)?

Thanks

Reason I posted the original question was concern that it is often a practice of ship entertainers to lock the theatre after the evening's performance and conduct rehearsals late into the night. However the cabins on deck 7 forward do not quite go forward enough or are well enough sound insulated such that any noise problems do not occur according to the previous poster. If you look at a deckplan you can see the larger balconies the previous poster is talking about. That seems to be the reason Oceania has designated them as Concierge class cabins and therefore charges more for them, unlike similarly located cabins on their other classes of ships.

36 minutes ago, edgee said:

Reason I posted the original question was concern that it is often a practice of ship entertainers to lock the theatre after the evening's performance and conduct rehearsals late into the night. However the cabins on deck 7 forward do not quite go forward enough or are well enough sound insulated such that any noise problems do not occur according to the previous poster. If you look at a deckplan you can see the larger balconies the previous poster is talking about. That seems to be the reason Oceania has designated them as Concierge class cabins and therefore charges more for them, unlike similarly located cabins on their other classes of ships.

Thanks edgee. I have booked a A4 guarantee and they have given me room 10003 which might be obstructed by the searchlight so I am thinking of paying to upgrade to A3 but most of the rooms are gone except those at deck 7 fwd. I looked at and compared the deck plans of 6 and 7 and it seems those purple A3 cabins (especially those right at the front) are more forward than the stage if the scale is accurate. So hopefully that's the reason why the previous poster didn't hear anything. 

Now there is an empty white space right in front of 7000 and 7001 so I don't know what that is. 

Also not sure if a deeper balcony is a better thing (a wider one certainly is) as your view from the room is further away from the sea.  That's why I asked the previous poster. 

Didn't know about the late rehearsals but I definitely hope that they will do them during the day rather than at night. (They have got the entire day to do them!)

• Like 1